jell on fuel tank fitting area

fortkingauto

Reaction score
I just purchased a 1985 trophy pro 25 ft and this boat was gone over about two years ago many new parts I went over it and the only thing I found was a clear jell coating on the top of the tank where the lines and sending unit are no sign of any leaks.
Has anyone ever seen any jell on tank fitting ?
. It looks like maybe the tank was replaced

fortkingauto

Reaction score
switches

the grady white I just purchased has a round switch mounted on the dash. it says trailer and has two buttons one port and one starboard, does anyone know what they do?

gw204

Reaction score
I've heard of people putting some sort of grease/paste on the tank fittings to prevent the hoses from getting stuck to them, but I doubt it's clear. Clear gel over the sending unit could be dilectric grease. The old Formula I bought had a nasty brown gel on the fill lines that I am pretty sure was from them breaking down over the years. They were in BAD shape.

Twin Merc outboards or I/Os in that boat, right? If so, the trailer button is simply for tilting up (in addition to the trim switch on the control). My 1985 Merc 150 had that.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
i spray T-9 on just about everything i can. it leaves a yellowish waxy coating that really protects. on hardtop piping i use a thin wiped on coat that doesn't stand out as much.

silicone grease is kinda clear. i use that on o-rings and the like. ron

fortkingauto

Reaction score
gw204 said:
I've heard of people putting some sort of grease/paste on the tank fittings to prevent the hoses from getting stuck to them, but I doubt it's clear. Clear gel over the sending unit could be dilectric grease. The old Formula I bought had a nasty brown gel on the fill lines that I am pretty sure was from them breaking down over the years. They were in BAD shape.

Twin Merc outboards or I/Os in that boat, right? If so, the trailer button is simply for tilting up (in addition to the trim switch on the control). My 1985 Merc 150 had that.
thanks that sounds correct
Jerry B