Jimmy's Marine Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Mainly for the mgmt of this board, but can we please get Jimmy back on this forum? Yeah, I heard a few rumors, but consider what this forum is for. It is a wealth of experience regarding a common interest and the sharing of information. Jim has a great reputation in the mid-Atlantic area, and his knowledge is an asset to this forum. Jim will spend considerable time talking with you to get your thinking in order regarding boats. We need him back. Thank you.

petros

Reaction score
I agree.He might have a short fuse but his knowledge in boat fabrication and repairs is an asset to this forum.

catch22

Reaction score
If you need to get information or advice from him, you can always e-mail him directly through his website... or call him.
The issue was, how he insulted members, used profanity, and out-right THREATENED people. How many members got pm'd by him, inviting them to his shop? We ALL know what that invitation meant!
He knew the rules, he knew the consequences and didn't care. He continued to be abusive.
This has been going on for a few YEARS, and as already mentioned, was way over due. If you can't show some measure of respect for fellow members, then you don't belong here.
I come here for usefull info, (to give and to get). I don't care to read childish arguements, insults, and threats. And I certainly don't need to be constantly reminded about someones ego.
Imo, this forum is much better without him, and I think the topic should be dropped.

gerrys

Reaction score
Too bad Jimmy was so disruptive. His comments detracted from this forum and I'm glad to see him go. Bringing him back would only fuel the fire. People got fed up and stopped responding because of him. Let the forum go on - without him.

Stonewall

Reaction score
I disagree - the board is so much better without his spoiled brat ranting and raving. Yeah - he is knowledgeable, but at what cost. No thanks I get my info somewhere else.

jehines3

Reaction score
I agree Jimmy had allot of knowledge. He and I never went toe to toe on any subject since by his nature I knew not to get him riled up. There are several here that are guilty of purposly inflaming him just to get the rise out of him and bashing him when he is gone is childrens playground stuff.

I applaud the Moderator for taking action. The threats were intolerable, and moderator actions waranted. However, maybe going forward a 30day account block as a warning then kick them out if their actions don't change. If after a 30 day cool off period they can't get the rules, then they are no good.

I mean I give my kids a warning before putting them in time out, maybe a similar thing could keep productive members in the group. We are adults and it should never come to banishing people from boards. I doubt even if asked to come back Jimmy would want to, I know I wouldn't.

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I agree with John. Good boards have rules and they are enforced. For whatever good Jimmy provided, he offset it with continual disruption and antagonization of other members.

I am all for a probation period and a second chance but he must play well with other children or go somewhere else.

uncljohn

Reaction score
I think over the past 5 or so years, I;'ve gotten enough info from Jimmy's posts that I don't need him on the board to say "Hey, do a search of my posts and you'll find all the info you need." :roll:

Additionally, for all the comments he made about "I fixed this real bad Grady" and "I'm always replacing Grady transoms" yet he could only post pics of Prolines and Sea Hunts that he fixed. I maybe saw one set of Grady pics in a dozen or so he posted. :?

I say we're better off, especially considering he seemed to get fired up a lot quicker recently....

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I'm fairly certain Jimmy was given warnings, other posts from the forum admin has stated that. They tried to keep him on the board but following simple rules and he could not. I agree he had a lot of knowledge and was a good resource, but for the times he got out of line and the way he treated people, he is not needed, there are enough guys on this forum with enough knowledge who will answer your questions in a nicer manor, and give you unbiased help. I think administration did the right thing, their reasoning outweighs anything else. This is one of the few forums that is ran the way it was designed to, for sharing intel without garbage or drama. I like the idea of a probational period, but I really feel he had enough warnings and chances, and he ignored them, I doubt Jimmy will change, he is who he is why would he be any different, if anything he'd be pissed and cause more problems.

Brad1

Reaction score
gerrys said:
Too bad Jimmy was so disruptive. His comments detracted from this forum and I'm glad to see him go. Bringing him back would only fuel the fire. People got fed up and stopped responding because of him. Let the forum go on - without him.

That post sums up my thoughts 100%

mronzo

Reaction score
I'm glad he's gone. He clearly was NOT a Grady-White enthusiast.

Like others have said if you miss or need Jimmy you can probably get advice (and abuse! :roll: ) from him at his web site or by e-mail!

Brad1

Reaction score
gw204 said:
What makes you guys think he would even want to come back?

He proved he couldn't stay away.

Pretty close to around this time last year, in one of his posts he wrote, "this is absolutely my last post on this board. I guarantee it".

LOL, no more than 12 hours later he was back on this site posting.

The thread in which he made his "guarantee" statement was deleted by the moderators because it had gotten out of hand like so many other threads he was involved in.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Here's a few of my comments:

1. It takes 2 fools to argue (granted one half was mostly the same person).
2. From the pictures, he's not someone I'd be scared of.
3. If someone went to his shop and he kicked your ___, he goes to JAIL and you can sue, there's laws against that.
4. He defiitely knew his stuff.
5. He didn't charge for his advise.
6. He isn't going to change his ways, that's the way he is. If he comes back he'll probably blow up again and get banned, again unless there is someone filtering his posts.
7. Grady's like all boats have some short-commings and when the problems get rubbed in your face over and over again, you get pissed.
8. He can be a real A__ but I wouldn't mind grabbing a 6-pack and bs'n with him before I totally throw him away.

but this is probably going to be a lost topic anyway

SlimJim

Reaction score
I miss the picture of his girl friend. Was that really his gal? :lol: :lol:

smontgomery

Reaction score
He had some pretty good advice and was actually very helpful on occasion. I'll certainly miss a post or two. Too bad it didn't work out.

I'll miss the pic of his girlfriend and the palm tree. She was good lookin' but everybody else has a pic of their Good lookin' Grady. He obviously didn't have a Grady. Just a good lookin' lady.......And a palm tree.

Please don't kick me off for that one. I couldn't resist.

Now, back to..............

.........baitwells, thru-hulls, dull-hulls and Rod-holds.

Transoms and trailers and Garmins and floorboards.

Four-strokes, two strokes, ring free, boatpoorfolks.

Questions and answers that matter the most.

Topics, discussion, go fasters and slow-pokes.

Great Gradys the reason t-h-a-t we're all here.

Pop the cork, a can, a bottle and cheer.

Raise your glass my friends, boat season is here.

Make a toast to 'ol Neptune and let your reels tear.

:)

Boat safe.

cdwood

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
My take is Jimmy's the kind of guy who needs to know who he's dealing with. You don't get that from forums, you get that by actually meeting someone face to face, hence the invitations to come to his shop. I for one value his opinion and would like to see him be given another oppotunity though I dought that he would respond, I would think his pride would keep him from doing so. Unfortunate that it became a pissin' contest. While I respect what the moderators are trying to maintain, we must realize that he was not the only agitator. However, bottom line is, the moderators rules must be adhered to.

SlimJim

Reaction score
Jimmy Ripped me good a few times, But I am ok with him coming back as I think everyone should get a few chances. He knows boats and did help a lot of people from time to time. He did posts some really good pictures and did a step by step on a few as well. I did like to read about his boat stories and his work on boats was really hands on. I saw the value in it as I am sure a few others did as well. If he could just put a limit on the macho man stuff he would be awesome. I say limit because we all have our faults when it comes to this..... Maybe he would learn something from this? That is if he wanted to come back. I for one saw a big change in his posts the last few months for the better, I did not see his final farewell that caused him to go down in a blaze of glory, but I am sure it was classic Jimmy Marine Service! I say give the man another chance if he would be willing to come back to the Great Grady Site. I am sure if he did and was given a 2nd chance to.... he would not flame out again. Besides I would like to see more pictures of his Gal. hehehe :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.