JL Amp wire run to battery

nuketech007

Reaction score
Can anyone provide the cable length to run a JL amp to the battery? Just bought an amp and was thinking of putting the amp behind the tv, and then run a 6 or 4 gauge wire to the battery. I see most places sell a 20 ft set, was wondering if that would be sufficient? Thanks for any help

blindmullet

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
Got to Genuinedealz and you can get the exact size with better wire and better price. Use a electrical fish tape to get the length needed.

Bfrench7

Reaction score
I did MECP 12volt installs for years... for my own vehicles, I always used wiring from KnuConceptz. They sell by the foot online or in 10, 20, 25, 50 ft increments on Amazon I think.

Quality Oxygen Free Copper (OFC) wiring with a good sheath for protection from Marine elements and heat.

http://www.knukonceptz.com/marine-audio/marine-power-wire/

Don’t make the mistake of getting the cheapest wiring you can find. Especially if it’s copper clad aluminum (CCA). CCA can be very dangerous in the marine application due to the inefficiency of the wiring. Do yourself and your boat/charging system a favor and spend a few extra bucks on good wire.