Just bought a 2007 Gulfstream

Woodie

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just bought a 2007 Gulfstream from Boats,Inc in Niantic CT. They were great to work with and treated me right. It is being shipped to Seattle next week can't wait for it to get here. I have never driven a Gulfstream yet and i am looking for any pointers or info good, bad, or ugly you may have.

generalee

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Congratulations Woodie. I hope you are as pleased with your Gulfstream as I am with the 2005 I purchased 7 years ago. I do not have any tips to offer only a couple of observations based on my experience as a first time Grady owner. Our boat has a 250 Yamaha which has to work pretty hard to plane and cruise the boat especially if loaded with gear and people. I have noticed maneuverability in tight situations like the marina basin improves if the engine is trimmed up some. Not sure why but I read that on this forum years ago and it helps. In my opinion the Gulfstream is a stable and seaworthy (in reasonable seas) platform for a 23 foot hull. It takes seas much better than the 23 foot boat I had before the Gulfstream. No where near the pounding. I hope you have excellent experiences with your new boat. Share some of your trip photos including images of that beautiful country where you are.