Just bought my 92 fisherman 20, which fuel do i use???

Reaction score
I just bought a used fisherman 20 with a yam200 v6.
The boat was hardly used and very well kept. (still has original prop from 92')
I'm confused with all the e10 talk. Which fuel do i use ???
I dont mind paying a little more if its better for the motor.
Can any one tell me how much fuel my tank holds?
Also what should i do with the half a tank of gas that came in the boat thats been sitting for 6/7 months???

Thanks for the help...

Excited new grady owner...

GW VOYAGER

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Your grady holds 80 gal. of gas.
You can get info on gradywhite.com. just google grady white on the home page click customer resources, then click catologe, then the year of your grady.
After it loads just scroll down until it gets to your grady.
Lots of good info. there on your Fisherman 20.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
If you can find a marina with non-E10 fuel, its a plus. Unfortunately, they are few and far between.

I burn 89 Octane mid-grade in mine...add in Ring-Free and either Pri-G or Star Tron to handle the E-10, and keep an eye on my filters. If you don't have a 10 micron filter, I'd consider adding one.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Parthery has it right....

Most of the gas sold on the water is mid grade 89 octane as indicated. Use the ring free additive as recommended (especially for 2 strokes - every fill) and ensure you have 10 micron fuel filters - if not change them.

When it comes time to store your boat there are two options (full or empty tanks). A lot of people swear by the full method - fill the tank prior to layup and add your stabilizer along with the ring free.

I do the opposite and run the tanks down. I still add stabilizer and ring free and then fill up with fresh fuel in the spring. I have not had any problems to date with this method, but some will say it is more prone to getting water in the gas.

Good luck.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
"Hardly used" is not good for gas, the worst for E10 since boat fuel tanks (unlike car tanks) are open systems being vented into (moist at times) atmosphere.

The laws have changed on this but manufcaturers have years to comply into closed systems. Why I don't know, simple fix.