just bought tournament 275

prodiver

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Well, I took the plunge. Put down a deposit on a Grady White tournament 275. Took a sea trial today. Looked at a Sea Ray 290 which had lots of bells and whistles, but decided on the quality of Grady White. I've owned several boats, and am most impressed with the quality of the 275. I don't fish much at all, and think the versatilty of this boat will work best.

Went with the single 350 yamaha, Garmin 10.4 inch display, simrad auto pilot, full curtains, tow bar for skiers, elec flush head, xmradio with weather, and will have it painted.

Delivery next week, can't wait!!!! Will keep in Wrightsville Beach.

Thanks gregsteph for your comments.

gregsteph

Reaction score
Awesome and congratulations! I'm certain that you and your family will really enjoy it. We had ours out today -- perfect day for a little trip with the kids and dogs. Good luck with the customization and delivery activities.

Tunateaser

Reaction score
Hey Prodiver,

Nothing like that great feeling when you finally pull the trigger. The GW will be good to you and the quality will be your best friend over the years. Congratulations and good luck.

Dan

Tashmoo

Reaction score
Congratulation Prodiver great family + fishing layout also I think you will find the F350 more then enough for the boat.

We took delivery of ours yesterday and ran her out about 10 miles in open water and back. On the return the dealer wanted to open her up to check max RPM, with 200 gal of fuel, three adults, 20 gal of water on board plus all of the normal canvas & coast guard equipment she toped out at 47 MPH at 5700 RPM. I only held it there for 60 sec. so I did not have the time to trim out completely. My guess, fully broken in, flat out on a calm day with one person the combination will be a hair under 50 MPH. Loads and loads of torque, unbelievably quite and handled very well at low speed and when docking!!!!

Good luck.

galaxie

Reaction score
Congrats on the 275. What kind of paint job are you doing?
I too recently purchased the 275 and she arrived this week. Also went with the 350. Loaded up on the options as well. Plenty of motor with the 350 and its a solid fit for my usage.

My Raymarine electronics package is being installed next week. We originally had specified a spot light to be installed on the hard top. Dealer called to express concern that the spot location on hardtop can cause bow glare when in use. We are looking for alternative.
One being researched is a spot that can mounted in the bow when needed and run by remote. Spot would be stowed when not in use.

Any thoughts on spot light with your 275? Any one else have some knowledge to share. I know some do not like to use spots at night but I would appreciate any feedback from those who do.

thanks

Afishinado

Reaction score
Congratulations to all of you new 275 owners... Beautiful boat, and if I were buying, the F350 would be the way to go in my book too. Grady has another winner in it's line up, and you guys all got one!

prodiver

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Tournament 275

I'm having the hull painted carolina blue. Wife insisted, but I think it will look great. Also, bottom paint is going on, since it will be in a slip full time.

I'm going to buy a portable spot light to use. Thinking about putting on a louder horn too.

Went with the Garmin 5212, which is awesome.

I love my boat!

galaxie said:
Congrats on the 275. What kind of paint job are you doing?
I too recently purchased the 275 and she arrived this week. Also went with the 350. Loaded up on the options as well. Plenty of motor with the 350 and its a solid fit for my usage.

My Raymarine electronics package is being installed next week. We originally had specified a spot light to be installed on the hard top. Dealer called to express concern that the spot location on hardtop can cause bow glare when in use. We are looking for alternative.
One being researched is a spot that can mounted in the bow when needed and run by remote. Spot would be stowed when not in use.

Any thoughts on spot light with your 275? Any one else have some knowledge to share. I know some do not like to use spots at night but I would appreciate any feedback from those who do.

thanks

PMD 205

Reaction score
Post some pics when you get a chance. I've seen a couple of 225s painted the same color, including one that Crockers had out front for a couple of weeks, and they look really slick. 8)

galaxie

Reaction score
Question for the new 275 owner. I believe you have the hard top with canvass.

Can you tell me if the zipper for the canvas to open the canvas window above the center winshield (the flip windshield) zips up or down. My canvas zips up on the door, if you will, at the rear of the cockpit yet down on the window above the windshield. This makes it very difficult to open the windshield as I must zip the canvas all way down on each side and fully unzip the zippers. To do this I have to pop the canvas snaps closest which is again not too simple. Just appears that it is installed incorrectly so I wanted to ask another owner before I dig in.

Hope this question makes sense.

thanks

The boat is awesome. Have to work on my docking skills though...

Tashmoo

Reaction score
I am pretty sure mine zips down to close and up to open. I will check it tonight and post a photo.

I hear you on the docking, I have a port side slip and she does not like to slide to port in reverse. Practice, practice and more practice.

Tashmoo

Reaction score
Hope this helps it zips down to close.
IMG_3050-l.JPG
[/img]

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Looks like the factory is staying busy on 275s, good for them.

PMD 205

Reaction score
BobP said:
Looks like the factory is staying busy on 275s, good for them.

My wife and I went to the factory yesterday to take a tour. I didn't count but I would be willing to put money down on it that half of the boats being built were made up of both the 225 and the 275s.

Here are four 275s with a 205 in the middle.
IMG_7574Medium.jpg

IMG_7573Medium.jpg
[/img]

GWcpa

Reaction score
That is really interesting. That was the feeling I got just from the posts here about the 225s and 275 bought this year. I get the feeling that the boat dollars are tight, so buyers are getting quality, practical boats that serve many purposes and are relatively efficient.

I wonder what the buyer of a 275 would have bought 10 or 15 years ago. Maybe a Bertram 28? That sounds like a huge difference, but from a demographics standpoint, I bet it is pretty close.

GW has done a good job evidently of forecasting the preferences of its buyers by offering the 275. I wonder if a 25' DC would do well as a step up for 225 buyers?

I've bought a lot of boats over the last few years, but don't have any intention of selling my 205T any time soon unless it is for a deal on a 225T. The layout is really a great compromise.

That factory is clean!

PMD 205

Reaction score
Are the 2009s out already?

striped bass said:
The hull looks pretty good without the blue tape stripes.

That was another thing I learned on Wednesday, they have changed the color of the stripes. They are now green fading into blue.
IMG_7568Medium.jpg

IMG_7569Medium.jpg

prodiver

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Posted pictures today on my new 275

They are too big, but my first post of pics.

I have some more with it out of the water at Crockers.

Search 2008 Tournament 275 Pics.

Happy Boating!