Just picked up my first boat! 1987 20' overnighter

TXDeer5layer

Reaction score
I just purchased my first boat, it's a 1987 overnighter with a 175hp johnson ocean runner. The boat is beautiful and very well taken care of, everything works as should and the motor runs great. I am really lookiong forward to getting some enjoyment from this thing, it seems like a very solid boat and has a very nice ride. The previous owner kept it covered the entire time he had it.

DSC_0300.jpg

DSC_0302.jpg

DSC_0317.jpg

gxsess

Reaction score
Very nice boat. How does the gas tank look. When I bought mine it needed to be replaced. I have since heard that this is pretty common on the 204

TXDeer5layer

Reaction score
Gas tank looked good, i stuck my head down in there and couldn't smell any leaks. I expect to have to replace it eventually though. Do people normally upgrade to plastic tanks? or do you have to stick with aluminum?

TXDeer5layer

Reaction score
Enjoying the heck out of this boat! Grady sure knows how to build a boat! Rides like a charm and very dry. This boat feels like it has more space than my dad's 25' world cat!

sfc2113

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
if it does not have trim tabs, make that your next investment. You will be amazed by the performance change.

Congrats !