Just purchased a F26

stellibelly

Reaction score
Hello all just purchased or should i say stole a 1998 F26 tigercat with twin 150 yamahas all original on a magic tilt aluminum trailer for 12k motors have 791 hrs.....wonder are there any f26 owners on here ..and how do i post pics you all have to see this boat

Fishtales

Reaction score
Congrats. There were a few folks here that at one time owned one. I always liked the boat and would like to see some pics. Good luck with her.....

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Your going to love the boat. The steering is a bit of a PIA. It usually needs to be synced every time you use the boat. I'd do a complete service on the engines and pull out the oil tanks, flush them out, and replace the filters. Might want to do a compression check to see where your are, but if they reved to 5500 RPM and the WOT speed is around 44-48 MPH I think your good. The Tigercats aren't speed demons but they will cruise more comfortably in bad seas than a monohull.

stellibelly

Reaction score
Tucker said:
Your going to love the boat. The steering is a bit of a PIA. It usually needs to be synced every time you use the boat. I'd do a complete service on the engines and pull out the oil tanks, flush them out, and replace the filters. Might want to do a compression check to see where your are, but if they reved to 5500 RPM and the WOT speed is around 44-48 MPH I think your good. The Tigercats aren't speed demons but they will cruise more comfortably in bad seas than a monohull.

Compression was 120 across the board she seems to run well but im only at 4500 rpms WOT have all paper work from last owner was always maintained by the marina had major tune ups with lowers serviced at 789 hrs now im learning trum on this boat have only had it out 2 times definatly a differant ride then my 27 sailfish....any thoughts?

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Compression looks great. If the engines seem to be running good I would suspect props. Are they stainless or aluminum? Are they dinged? Tweeked? Need to get RPM's over 5000, 5500 is better.

stellibelly

Reaction score
Tucker said:
Compression looks great. If the engines seem to be running good I would suspect props. Are they stainless or aluminum? Are they dinged? Tweeked? Need to get RPM's over 5000, 5500 is better.

Props are yamaha stainless and where sent tout to the prop shop and redone........i wont be back to the boat till saturday my thought im riding hifh on plane will take it out and play with the trim i have only had it out 2 times . Im betting it is just me not having any experiance driveing a cat i have all the maintance records from owner since new motors have been well taken care of by dealer and they run great......i let you know this weekend

F-Bomb

Reaction score
I have one and love it. Mine has 200 yamaha 2 strokes .