Just saying hello and an update

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Well, for those that may be curious, in the next few days I will be ordering a new 2nd axle for the trailer. I may go ahead and take the trailer TO the trailer place to ensure that eeeeeeverything on the boat is top notch.

As for the engines, I have about 2-3 times the water cooling pressure since swapping the water pumps out a 3rd (or fourth....I lose track) time. The ones that @Sparkdog118 suggested. Spark, that are by far better quality than any of the ones I have seen in the past, and you could tell that before even installing them.

I replaced all anodes, seals...including the ones that do not come with the pump kit.

I flushed both engines with vinegar and water quite a bit, including manually flushing and brushing them out to start with the worse corrosion.

I replaced both fuel separators with Stainless as well.
So, the result is, no more heat alarms and the low cylinder had less than 1 percent difference on a leak down test and is sitting at that for the past 20 minutes with no loss in pressure.

So, she’s ready for some fishing, I hope heh.

My plan is to get the trailer looked over, get it in tip top shape and all adjustments and then plan a trip to Lake Buchanan for some striper/white fishing and a good run.

Then I plan to get a local Captain down in Corpus or Port A to go out with me and make sure all the electronics are dialed in.

So, we shall see how that goes. I am still not impressed with the Steadycast but an a/c install is next on my list before it gets hot again as the “portable” a/c is just not as “portable” as it sounds heh.

Cowbell is ringing now.

Russ

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Lol Fam. Do not know if you are on FB or not, but about once a month I ask if anyone is selling a 270 for you heh. I has peeps asking peeps! :p

Yes, was a long journey with a lot of bumps along the way, but the hurdles were money and time. Now that the majority is resolved, I can work on getting her ready for next year. I“can” still fish for tuna etc this year, but I want to “dial in” the electronics, make sure I have everything configured well and also get some time on the water just driving her around.
All my boats in the past were lower profile and so I never really noticed how weight affects many aspects. I had a guy on the boat that was rather large and I was working the trim tabs and he swapped sides and almost gave me a heart attack lol. So, I need to work out who and what as far as running speeds.

I also may replace the wiring harness on the trailer, or add some running lights. There used to be some and they are not there. This cooler time gives me time to focus on making sure things are how and where they should be not just working.

We have had fun with her even in the driveway, so I can imagine how fun she will be on water heh. We took her to the local lake and although we could not open her up as it was really small, we had fun being there. Since I know Lake Buchanan so well, I think that would be a good next run.

Then, time to set up a day with someone to help me get the ais etc so it is not going nuts and I have it set right. Past boats never had this new stuff, so best to make sure that is done right. I also have an appt to get a USCG inspection so I can be ready for that.

All things in their time and place :p

Then, fishing heh

Bloodweiser

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
good to hear Russ. keep us posted on your adventures.

yep.. Spark is the bomb and all around excellent guy.