Keeping boats in salt water

dryflyguy57

Reaction score
New to the forum and also Grady Whites and looking at purchasing a Grady White Adventure . I have owned a wooden boat for years but this will be my first fibreglass boat . The 2000 year Adventure I am looking at has been kept in saltwater for most of its life as it has been used probably on a weekly basis . I am thinking that a moisture reading with the boat out of the water should pick up a problems if there was any . It has been kept up below the water line on an annual basis . Would a hull wick up any water just by being kept in water for a prolonged time ? By the way this thread has been very helpful as a newbe doing my homework . There are becoming more and more Grady Whites in my neck of the woods . They have a great name along the coast of British Columbia .

Regards

cdwood

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Check all holes drilled in transom, especially anything below the waterline. Also look closely at where the hulls are joined on the transom. Not sure about the 2000 but older models had an alum. cover across the back that did little to prevent water intrusion. The motor well drain tubes also need to be looked at closely.