Keeping critters out of the cabin

Fishtales

Reaction score
some metal screen material will work well too. you'll be pulling it out in spring so it will last a few years.

seasick

Reaction score
The metal I used was a twisted aluminum diamond pattern, not stamped). Buy cutting a filler about a half inch larger than the space and cutting along the edges of the twisted diamonds, the edge left was a bunch of pretty sharp spikes. Painful to install but when the screen was jammed into its space the wire ends bend and hold the thing tightly in the opening. If the space that you need to cover is irregularly shaped I suggest you make a cardboard pattern first ans then cut the metal with the extra size. One screen I made was a loose fit and sure enough, something did manage to push it out of the way. I have had the same screens for maybe 8 or 10 years and have no critters in the cabin.
Cats still get under the winter cover and like to sleep in the folds of the folded down bimini top:) Other than fur and an occasional pee spot on the deck, the cats don't do any damage. How do I know they are cats? I have seen them on my cameras climbing under the cove in the motor well area.