Keeping up with the KYs...

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
61183.jpegSpent the weekend working on my boat . It's hard keeping up with KYs of the world. But I am up to it! lol. I too have Colinites some money. I cleaned all the top side gel coat with finesse it and maguires oxidation remover and waxed with Collinite. Acetone the rub rail and 303d it. I even out some Maguires auto wax on the hood of the Yammy. Then later this week off to the Keys where I will try to impart my jedi knight trolling tips to the Padowan KY. lol.

61184.jpeg

Ted R

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Why the acetone on the rub rail?

Donald Martin

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Enjoy the Keys it's beautiful there,Key Largo is nice a hint more spacious to get around,previously worked at Ocean Reef Club plenty of good fishing out there Enjoy it to the fullest

Reactions: SmokyMtnGrady

hooked on Grady

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
If your in the Key largo area and want a great back country,Everglades trip I highly recommend Capt. Kerry of TailsUp sport fishing charters out of key largo.

Rlloyd

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I request a raft-up shot of both boats if you're in the shallows somewhere. Probably too much roll on the mooring balls...

Smoke: Your boat looks great on the new trailer!

I feel like I know you both; Please travel safe enroute and have a great week.

Blaugrana

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
View attachment 20424Spent the weekend working on my boat . It's hard keeping up with KYs of the world. But I am up to it! lol. I too have Colinites some money. I cleaned all the top side gel coat with finesse it and maguires oxidation remover and waxed with Collinite. Acetone the rub rail and 303d it. I even out some Maguires auto wax on the hood of the Yammy. Then later this week off to the Keys where I will try to impart my jedi knight trolling tips to the Padowan KY. lol.

View attachment 20425
Heard KY has a great detailer if you ever need one ;)

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Thanks guys . I have met some really great people through this forum. I look forward to getting some getting nice pics of our boats together. I hope we bring home some dolphin and tuna. KY is a good guy. it should be fun. He is staying down on Marathon and I am up in Key Largo. We are going to rendezvous a couple times and fish the Islamorada humps . I am getting stoked.

Donald Martin, welcome aboard, I was born and raised in Florida and have many Keys adventures . I am staying with friends on Key Largo . I have ridden my bike from Pennekamp to Ocean Club. I am going to the Keys again in August. I do a father son fishing trip every spring and then do a family trip in the summer. This a bonus year for me. I look forward to towing with the new trailer .

Magic, I wish you were still in south Florida. It would be great to meet up.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Dodged some rain drops today to get more stuff done. That 4 blade prop looks sexy on the boat.

Oh somebody asked about acetone. Acetone is a solvent and putting some on a cloth and quickly wiping it ,you are literally dissolving the surface of the rubber material and removing it . In a way it's bad I guess but you remove the oxidation, the scuffs and everything else . Then put a coat of 303 or even Mop n glo and it restores the appearance to like new.

IMG_20210503_134710421.jpg

Reactions: PointedRose

PointedRose

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Dodged some rain drops today to get more stuff done. That 4 blade prop looks sexy on the boat.

Oh somebody asked about acetone. Acetone is a solvent and putting some on a cloth and quickly wiping it ,you are literally dissolving the surface of the rubber material and removing it . In a way it's bad I guess but you remove the oxidation, the scuffs and everything else . Then put a coat of 303 or even Mop n glo and it restores the appearance to like new.

View attachment 20443
The four blade does have that look to it

hooked on Grady

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I wish I was going, after not being able to go last spring we are really looking forward to getting our rig ready for that long haul. 1700 miles one way to middle keys, its been some time now but I would love to meet up with Grady guys one spring and do some great group fishing.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
1140 mile pull for me one way. This will be my first time in the Keys with my own boat and as an adult. Last time I was there I was traveling with my parents on vacation. Parents are gone and I'm a grandpa x2, so it's been awhile.

hooked on Grady

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
last time we went was with my buddies brand new wellcraft 23 cc w/twins. stayed at MM 126.5, house on the ocean. My wife was pregnant with our second, things were really beginning to get real. The next season I sold my first Grady to RESPONSIBLY raise my family(wish I could have afforded both). Now I really want to bring my son down with our boat, we may not go back home. :)

Reactions: PointedRose