Kenwood Stereo Question on 275 Tournament

westar

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Tournament 275
Hello all! Looking for a little help. We recently purchased a 2009 Grady White 275 Tournament. The Stereo head unit is mounted next to the port side seat with a remote located just aft next to the lounge chair. There is another remote at the helm. The radio worked fine for the first week or so, and now, FM or AM doesn't work at all. I'm thinking it is a connection issue. I know there is a "hub" that the head unit and two remotes plug into.

My question is....where is that "hub" located? I have looked everywhere I can think to look and cannot find it. Does anyone have any suggestions of where it might be? Also, the AUX port doesn't work....so, hopefully if I can find the "hub" I can trouble shoot that as well.

The head unit is a Kenwood KMR-700U (for reference):
http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entertain ... e/KMR-700U

I really don't like the head unit because it only works with the old 32-pin iPhone connector and not the new iPhone lightning connector. It wouldn't bother me if the AUX port worked but....that's not working either.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I always thought the remote was wired directly to a port on the head unit. Ditto with the Aux. connection maybe with a splitter. I know the remotes come with a limited length cable and, depending on mounting location, might have needed an extension to reach the head. Can you access behind the head unit? It may need to come out to see what direction and what nook and cranny the wires are tucked into. Wiring issues are a real PIA!

GWTour275

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Take the head unit out, everything plugs into the back, on mine they used the AUX to provide a place to plug in an iphone, etc, via RCA jacks with adapter in the area behind the door behind the helm

westar

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Tournament 275
Took the head unit out already. There is one wire coming from it and no inputs/outputs on the back of it. Looked in the instruction manual to verify that everything (one wire from head unit, one wire from each remote) goes to the "hub." In the manual the antenna is also plugged into this "hub" so need to find it in order to trouble shoot it and the remote AUX input that doesn't work.

I think I'm going to take the screws off the wall where the remote AUX and RCA jacks are located to see if perhaps this hub is mounted on the back wall? This wall that I am referring to is located in the starboard side storage locker in front of the helm.

Frustrating! Thanks for the comments. Keep the ideas coming!

mbroman

Reaction score
You need to pull the panel out that the stereo is mounted on. The control unit is located just below the panel. My unit would not turn off and the two remote units would not get power so I just pulled the two fuses out and bought a blue-tooth bose speaker. Problem solved!