Kicker size for Overnighter

brodie129

Reaction score
Wondering what size kicker to put on my 86 overnighter. Trolling mainly maybe someday on Lake Michigan.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I'm looking into a Yamaha 9.9 to hang on the back of my 228 for Lake Erie. It'll allow for slow troll when needed. Big motor won't idle down slow enough without socks off the front.

Reactions: brodie129

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have the T 8 on my 208.... all controls at helm. Perfect for trolling and on lazy days just slow cruising on AP

Reactions: brodie129

chadwick11

Reaction score
I have the T 8 on my 208.... all controls at helm. Perfect for trolling and on lazy days just slow cruising on AP
I have 205 tournament and would like to add the 9.9 yamaha off the back too. I have the bracket from Jacobson Marine in the NW Pacific. Could you share a few pics on how you mounted the controls, at the helm and how you rigged the back off the transom. Thanks!

UCPA111

Reaction score
I troll on Lake Erie with my 300 Verado. My planer boards pull hard. I actually have to bump up rpm on Verado to hit the speed I want.
I wasn't sure if I'd need to add a kicker. Thankfully I didn't.
If I troll without planer boards I have a bucket I throw over each side on a rope. It slows me down enough to have to bump up speed to hit my target speed 1.8-2.2 mph.
Just a data point.