King off NC

tibeachguy

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I posted my 1st picture in one of my replies and had such good luck with it that I wanted to post it here.

This is the first King I have caught on my 209 since I bought it the middle of last summer. Hopefully many more to come. I took the picture using my camera phone. It was caught on Saturday, May 17th. The guy in the photo is my friend and fishing partner, Jeth Odom. He is a heck of a Bass fisherman that I am getting hooked on Saltwater. This is his first King ever. Also notice the Navy Destroyer in the background. We were fishing about 5 miles out of New River Inlet. Camp Lejune Marine Base is to the North of the inlet and Topsail Island to the South.

Hope you enjoy!

05-17-08_1410.jpg

el jefe

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Nice fish. Nice gaff job. Great picture frame.

tibeachguy

Reaction score
el jefe said:
Nice fish. Nice gaff job. Great picture frame.

Thanks! I was the gaff man and also the photgrapher. I'm glad the picture turned out as well as it did. Like I mentioned, I took the photo using a cell phone (motorola razor). It was so bright I could barely see the display but it ended up being much better than expected.

I was criticized a little for my gaff job. I was told I gut hooked it. Anyway, it got the job done! The fish was no problem to clean and tasted great!