Knock at Idle

JUST-IN-TIME

Reaction score
you talking about the F 200 or the ox66?

because the 0x 66 and HPDI motors have a o2 sensor plug that when it gets carbonized up it sounds like a rod knock or a sticking valve sometimes

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks for looking in Richie, 1998 S200TXRW, 970 hrs. Delivery postponed until 12/5. Bad storms coming up East Coast. Sucks...

seasick

Reaction score
JUST-IN-TIME said:

because the 0x 66 and HPDI motors have a o2 sensor plug that when it gets carbonized up it sounds like a rod knock or a sticking valve sometimes

Explain why this is.

JUST-IN-TIME

Reaction score
seasick said:
JUST-IN-TIME said:

Explain why this is.

if i have to explain everything to you guys, i would be out of a job :mrgreen:

give me a few and i will show all of you what and how to do it right

the o2 sensor needs cleaning every 500hrs

seasick

Reaction score
JUST-IN-TIME said:
seasick said:
JUST-IN-TIME said:

Explain why this is.

if i have to explain everything to you guys, i would be out of a job :mrgreen:

give me a few and i will show all of you what and how to do it right

the o2 sensor needs cleaning every 500hrs

Cop out! I know how to clean the sensor but I don't see how a dirty one could cause a mechanical knock. It wouldn't cause a detonation either since a dirty sensor usually results in a richer mixture than necessary

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Motors in question do not have O2 sensors so it's irrelevent. But when the boat finally gets here and I do a decarbon and the knock goes away; lot a guys are going to be eatin' crow. The first thing I'm going to do is the wrist pin check. Talked to the tech again Friday and he doesn't think it's a wrist pin and I'm not paying him $100/hr to make love to the motor trying to find out. I'm sure there are plenty of sharp guys here that have lived this; I just need to isolate it down and eliminate the obvious/easiest cuprits. Thanks guys! Everybody got there tree up!! Got your shopping done? Yea, right.