Kohler 5E - 5kw Gas Generator from 2002 Marlin - for parts or repair

fishtalk

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
This gas-powered generator came with the 2002 Marlin we purchased last spring and I don't have plans to reinstall. It had already been removed from boat prior to my ownership and packaged in a wooden crate for easy transport, it has been stored in a covered building and is ready to ship.

Unfortunately, I can't give first-hand details on what would be needed to get it to run but sounds like issues are primarily electrical. Prior owner said "electrical side of genset needs to be repaired or replaced". I believe he paid for some additional mechanical repairs too but I cannot verify. Crate contains the genset and most of the associated hardware, sounds shields, fittings, etc. that weren't removed from the boat (all packaged in bags). I think this would be great to have as a parts source for similar gensets or as a potential replacement for someone mechanically inclined.

Generator is located in Hampton, VA about 1.5hrs from my house in Richmond. I can arrange to be down there for pickup or to oversee shipping (marina has a forklift they can use to load the crate into a truck, not sure what cost would be, if any). Please reach out if you're interested and we can work out a deal.

IMG-0601.jpgIMG-0604.jpgIMG-0605.jpgIMG-0602.jpgIMG-0603-2.jpg

Tpartridge

Reaction score
Hi...any chance you have the sound enclosure for this Kohler? Specifically, I'm looking for the front panel but, would perhaps be interested in the whole enclosure too.