KY Grady!

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Still out for discussion. Nothing negative that I can say. Laid back, calm (no tidal current), sand bar hang out is what we like. So far we've done Seminole area twice and gone out of Veterans Park/Bay Pines ramp, head south to John's Pass or cruise up North to Clearwater on ICW. Done Egmont, Anna Maria and Honeymoon around Tampa Bay. Trailered up to Anclote and hung out on Anclote Key and Three Rooker. Cape Coral was good, Anchored up behind Sanibel, nice little bay. Cabbage Key was cool also, eased on up to Boca Grand Pass but didn't stay, thunderstorms were rolling in. Probably, for now, my go to place is Anclote Key and Three Rooker, followed by Egmont then Sanibel. I've not made it to the middle Keys yet, Marathon and Islamorada. That's a 2 day pull for me so it would have to happen without our pups that travel with us. Maybe our best friends can go and split a house with dock in back.

Reactions: magicalbill

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Well magicalbill, that didn't take long. I floated the idea to our friends, and we made reservations last night for Marathon Key for next May. Taking the Grady on another road trip. The Keys is one of my bucket list trips with my boat.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Perfect. We've spent the last 14 Januarys there. Not a lot of beaches, but the reefs that parallel the island chain on the Hawk Channel side are marvelous. Just pick up a mooring ball and your done. Sombrero is close and Looe Key (off Big Pine) is a great snorkeling spot, although it's a long ride.

Hopefully the winter & spring winds start to die before you get there. (They blow 15kts+ out of the SE most of the time in January.)

Public launch next to Island Fish Company near Vaca Cut on the Gulf side. Holiday Inn Express across US #1 next to the ramp.

Guessing you'll rent something on a canal and split it with your Buds? Some of those deals even come with free ice.

Reactions: Ky Grady

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Perfect. We've spent the last 14 Januarys there. Not a lot of beaches, but the reefs that parallel the island chain on the Hawk Channel side are marvelous. Just pick up a mooring ball and your done. Sombrero is close and Looe Key (off Big Pine) is a great snorkeling spot, although it's a long ride.

Hopefully the winter & spring winds start to die before you get there. (They blow 15kts+ out of the SE most of the time in January.)

Public launch next to Island Fish Company near Vaca Cut on the Gulf side. Holiday Inn Express across US #1 next to the ramp.

Guessing you'll rent something on a canal and split it with your Buds? Some of those deals even come with free ice.

Yep, already have a rental in Key Colony with pool and canal front dock for boat. Bait freezer and fish cleaning station.

Reactions: magicalbill

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure you can find a pet friendly hotel somewhere in North Florida or South Georgia. Dogs can’t miss this trip......

Reactions: Ky Grady

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I’m pretty sure you can find a pet friendly hotel somewhere in North Florida or South Georgia. Dogs can’t miss this trip......

Lol,,,dogs are staying home for this trip. We love them, but time for a hooman vacation.