Lake Champlain waters regulations re waste discharge

Vtdochop

Reaction score
Hello,
I own a T225 2003.
Have been advised that Vt regs are very stringent and will need to physically disconnect head from macerator as well as plug/seal discharge point. Any suggestions on how I could do this myself and still retain the ability to re connect if I get more adventurous :?:
Thanks,
Peter

gerrys

Reaction score
4.2.2 VERMONT MSD REGULATIONS
Any vessel operated on the waters of the state with a marine toilet onboard must also be equipped with a holding tank. Any holding tank designed to allow for optional discharge while the vessel is operating shall have the discharge openings sealed shut and all discharge lines, pipes, or hoses must be disconnected and stored while the vessel is on the waters of this state.

This requirement can be met by closing and locking the seacock at the discharge point.
See the diagram here:
https://www.boaterexam.com/usa/vermont/ ... nment.aspx

Vtdochop

Reaction score
Gerrys
Thanks for your reply...seems as though I'll have to disconnect the line to the macerator from the holding tank correct ? Could I seal the discharge location with one of those rubber plugs with a wingnut ?
Peter

gerrys

Reaction score
As long as the valve is secured shut, you should be OK. A lock, crimped seal or ty-rap is an acceptable securement.