Lake Lanier growing in GW popularity. Check in

Bigfoot

Reaction score
Saw a 330 and 192 just yesterday, almost seeing a GW per outing on Lanier

Just saying, my 204c is not as lonely....what gives?

How about a Lanier check in?

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Well...off the top of my head...besides me (had a 225 Tournament...a 223 is on the way) there is Bob's Cay and his 204....Bokat and his 232 Gulfstream, Geedub and his 204 CC, and probably several others.

Was out a couple weeks ago....saw a 272 Sailfish fueling at Port Royale...and passed a newer 205 Tournament near Sunset Cove. Plenty of us around, despite the distance from the coast.

GeeDub

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Present and accounted for! Haven't been on the lake lately - but hoping to rectify that this week.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I''ll be back soon enough....picking up the new trailer over the weekend....should be able to go get the boat in a couple weeks.

GeeDub

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Great to hear Brian - where did you buy your trailer and what make/model is it?

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
GeeDub said:
Great to hear Brian - where did you buy your trailer and what make/model is it?

Owens and Sons...Jeff and Doug take good care of me; their pricing is competitive with everything else out there but the difference is I know that when I put the boat on the trailer for the first time it will fit like a glove. Not having to worry about the trailer is piece of mind to me and worth the expense of going to St Pete to pick it up.

I looked long and hard at getting the trailer up on the Chesapeake where the boat is. It would likely have been a Load-Rite. And I'm sure it would have been fine. But, having owned Magic Tilt's, Continental's, Loadmaster's, etc... over the years, I've found that most trailer manufacturers get their I-Beams from the same supplier. Brakes come from Tie-Down, Kodiak or Deemaxx. Lights usually come from Optronics or Wesbar. The devil is in the detail, and some manufacturers do a better job than others of putting them together.

It's the equivalent of walking into Nordstrom and getting an "off-the-rack" suit with some minor adjustments, vs. going to a custom tailor. Both will work just fine, but the custom tailored one will probably fit just a bit better. :mrgreen:

Bob's Cay

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Yes, there are a few of us out there! say a Sailfish in Sunset Cove a few weeks ago. Where did you see a 330? That's a lot of boat for Lanier.

There is also a deep red hulled 306 Bimini on a lift at Holiday. Believe it is on R dock. Said to belong to Jerry Stackhouse a former NBA player.

Bigfoot

Reaction score
Will keep my eye out for you guys...

Who was trolling up the Chestatee at 53 Bridge last Sat afternoon? 205 on a bracket I think.