Lanyard switch

Joe arrigo

Reaction score
Want to remove my lanyard switch on to bypass it any ideas or should I put a new one

seasick

Reaction score
Why?
If it is broken, replace it. If you find it a pain to insert the clip, just buy a new clip and leave it installed all the time'
Of course the smart thing would be to have the switch and use it with the tether but many boaters don't.

Reactions: PointedRose

Fishtales

Reaction score
I'd put a new one. If not using, cut a clip off the lanyard and lock in place. I'd always keep a functional lanyard on the boat just in case it is ever needed.

Ekea

Reaction score
Model
Chase
I agree with the others. having it there doesnt bother anything, you are not forced to use it. if you dont like the lanyard, you can always look into the Fell wireless ones

seasick

Reaction score
A new law, enacted a year or so back, mandates that boats up to a certain length have to have a 'kill' or emergency cut off switch. If your vessel did not originally have one, you don't have to add one but if your vessesl had one, you can not remove it.
In addition according to the law, there are times where you must be using the ECO for example attaching the lanyard to yourself.

Sardinia306Bimini

Reaction score
Model
Bimini
I leave the spiral cable on the small fork in the killswitch dangling, that makes it easier to put it on when I am under engine.
Hoever, I bought a Fell Marine MOB+ to get rid of the lanyard, but will leave the kill switch operational.
Chris

Fishtales

Reaction score
There are smart ways to achieve your goal AND have it in place for the next owner or stop on the water. Don't remove it.