Leaking toilet bowl

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Toilet bowl appears to be leaking where it bolts to the flange. Noticed some pink antifreeze on the floor when commissioning. Is this as simple as getting the model number and calling Jamestown? Is this a pretty easy repair?

ahill

Reaction score
Have you tightened the mounting bolts?
It could also be failing gaskets in the flush pump, if its a Jabsco.

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
No, haven't touched it. Waiting to see if someone on the board has some experience with these matters. I've broken too many things trying to fix them. If this turns into a headache I may just replace it. Still fact finding, seems it's a very thin gasket.

ahill

Reaction score
The electric flush pump has 4 gaskets.
A cork one at the top, 2 paper ones in the chopper housing and a rubber one at the bottom. I don't know about the bowl to base seal as mine has yet to fail. The paper ones will last a few years and start leaking again.
I suggest drying everything off and run the flush pump looking and feeling for a leak.
I've disassembled and repaired mine many times.

1998sailfish

Reaction score
Had a similar problem last year which ended up being a hairline crack in the base of the bowl mounting flange. I purchased a new toilet from Defender. Exact swap out, done deal. Also change the hose from the seacock to the pump control. It was the typical black exhaust grade hose which had shown signs of rust through of the steel spiral.