Leaking Windows

Accuratepete

Reaction score
How to stop the windows in cabin from. Leaking and where to buy new port side cushion/shelving around window as it roted in corner where window leaked. Have a 2002 282.

Finest Kind

Reaction score
I recently resealed my leaky cabin side windows, not a hard project at all...

Start by removing the black rubber trim from inside the track that runs around the outside of the window frame, which will expose the screws. On my 1988 Trophy Pro the windows are held in place by the screws passing through the aluminum window frames and securing themselves into the teakwood decorative trim around the insides of the windows inside the cabin...Good time to sand down and re-finish the teak trim pieces while you have them off BTW.

Remove the windows, slice away as much of the old silicone as you can with a blade (dont dig into the geloat), then follow up with acetone and plenty of paper towels.
Do this on both the aluminum window frames themselves and the cabin sides where they mount. Any traces of old silicone will cause a new leak when you try to reseal.

When everything is really CLEAN, re-seal with clear marine silicone and re-assemble.

I also had a problem with the original blue pattern cloth cushion cover which had ripped over the years. For $125 bucks I had both cushions re-upholstered at a local furniture repair shop. I went with a nice light blue vinyl cover, which matches the blue carpet in the cabin.
BTW, the owner of the shop commented about the high quality of the foam rubber Grady used for the cushions as compared to the foam rubber they see from living room couches and chairs they normally do.

Reactions: DoctorOctopus

DoctorOctopus

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I was thinking of redoing my interior cushions with Morbern Hexx vinyl on the principal that it is easier to clean. The old Grady cloth thick weave is some indestructible stuff that is immune to the occasional fishhook and my rough treatment. I can't imagine sunbrella would hold up that well. How do you like the vinyl compared to the cloth?

I also had a problem with the original blue pattern cloth cushion cover which had ripped over the years. For $125 bucks I had both cushions re-upholstered at a local furniture repair shop. I went with a nice light blue vinyl cover, which matches the blue carpet in the cabin.
BTW, the owner of the shop commented about the high quality of the foam rubber Grady used for the cushions as compared to the foam rubber they see from living room couches and chairs they normally do.