Leaning Grady

miss maggie

Reaction score
I own a 2008 330 Express. The boat "leans" a little toward starboard....both when at the dock and when the boat is on plane underway.....requiring me to use my trim tabs to level. I am not doing anything that would cause that....i.e. cargo, heavy gear etc. Does anybody have any suggestions/ideas?

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
i actually sit level at rest and require a little starboard bow down on plane. i have the fishbox coolers and helm air and the units are on the port side. i think that may be just enough extra weight to have an effect.

is your holding tank full? that's to starboard and a full tank might cause the list. also, check your gear stowage. ron

blackdiamond296

Reaction score
it is most likely a small weight distribution issue and probably not a major cause for concern- other than driving you nuts when looking at it at the dock! For example, when my friend's 330 is at the dock and he has her emptied out he sees a little listing from what he figures is having the batteries in one corner of the transom (i forget which one at the moment but you get the idea). My point here is just to show that, all other things being equal it doesn't take a whole lot to create a little 'lean' in the boat. Start with rearranging cargo and tankage, or just learn to turn a blind eye and say to hell with it! 8)

fishingFINattic

Reaction score
My 265 listed slightly - I added a fourth battery to the port side -
When empty on fresh water she leans slightly to starboard - full of fresh water she sits perfect -
I keep he full-

The point here - what side is the waste tank on? How full is it? Water tank side and level? ect -

Tim

ltrain1990

Reaction score
Starboard List

I have a 222 Fisherman with a slight port side list both static and while underway. I have all holding tanks empty, and no heavy gear on the port side. It is nothing that a little trim tab tweaking can't cure. In discussions with a dealer they brought up a point I thought was interesting. That is the hulls are hand laid, and it is possible that as the hulls are cured and bonded that they may get a slight twist or have a heavier side which may cause the list. It is correctable with addition of significant weights to the hull (of course this was for the 222 which is 5K lbs not your boat which is what around 12K lbs). The list on my boat was not effecting performance at all so I decided not to mess with it. With your 33 that may be a whole different story. But thought I would relay what they said.

mronzo

Reaction score
Fully loaded my '00 265 leans to starboard at the dock.
However, starboard I have the dual battery platform, my engines are tilted to starboard to give access to the rinse outs, and the Plano box locker is to starboard as well. The enclosed head is also on the starboard side.