LED for attwood 2nm sternlights (Grady cockpit lights)

zimm

Reaction score
My grady has Attwood 2nm sternlights as the cockpit lights. I'm looking for an LED upgrade. I could just do the bulb, or replace it with the attwood sealed LED 3nm sternlight: http://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/product/6556

c6556_mn.jpg

Or find another kind of LED light?

The sealed 3nm LED looks like it'll use the same screw holes as the old light though....

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I just put in the West Marine brand 2nm lights, same exact size but she's sill high and dry so I can't comment how they work.

zimm

Reaction score
Nice. I went with marine beam.com bulbs in warm white. Fit and look great. Same color as stock bulb. Should be pleasant on the eyes at night.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Based on Fish, tales suggestion, I went and bought 2 blue LED from superbright. They are bright maybe on the too bright side. But heck, they were like $4.98 a bulb so there is not much to lose if your do not like them. I will use them for the time being but I am likely going to be switching them out for something softer.

sfc2113

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thenks for that link to superbright leds,, I got 2 of the White ones much brighter that the reg bulbs. Good deal for the $

Also got one for my jeep the standard one in the 4wd panel gets really hot. Turns out they are dimmable as well.