LED lights from Xtremeled.com

seabob4

Reaction score
Hope I'm not out of line here, but my friend Rob with Xtremeled is trying to get a foothold in the marine market. He has an excellent product, perfect for under gunwale installations, overheads, and inside lockers and consoles. 100% waterproof, cut to any length you needs, no pieced together lights...

Waterproof tapelight
Resin Encapsulated 100% waterproof
Available in White, Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, and RGB (color changing 18.00 per ft)
For the DIY'er a 5 meter roll can be purchased for 125.00 you will need to solder and seal the ends if you cut it to size
I can be reached at
rob@xtremeled.com
CF3W-B-15.png

CF3-15nonwaterproofseries.jpg

seabob4

Reaction score
Well, guys, here is a 1' section Rob sent me to try on the Talon. I am VERY impressed! Remember this is just a 1' piece, that I placed in various locations...

Under Gunwale...
ThestartoftheTalon011.jpg

ThestartoftheTalon012.jpg

In a dry storage tub...
ThestartoftheTalon015.jpg

And illuminating the starboard bilge...
ThestartoftheTalon016.jpg

You guys ought to think about these lights. Not the cheap crap you can get on ebay. The Talon is going to get double 6' strips of red and blue under each gunwale, a 3' section of each under the poling platform, and red inside certain hatches, with white going inside the console...

seabob4

Reaction score
So now it's time for the "Product Evaluation" phase of Rob's lights...

Submerged in a gallon of brine (1/2 cup of salt), Group 27 Cabelas AGM wired to both output leads of a ProMariner ProSport12...
ThestartoftheTalon019.jpg

ThestartoftheTalon020.jpg

! hour later, from 235' away, hope the neighbors don't mind the glow...
ThestartoftheTalon021.jpg

Fishtales

Reaction score
I installed blue led strips under the gunnels on my boat. I tied them into the cockpit lights at the step of the walk around step to make it easy. They look great. My only issue was with the adhesive on the led strip. I cleaned the mounting area before installing but in an upside down position the adhesive isn't sufficient and the strip sagged in a few spots. I ended up having to use contact cement to mount. A bit of a pia. They really are bright and work well though.