LED Spreader Lights

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The lunar's look very nice, they were my next choice but I wanted to get them in now and I know they aren't supposed to be released for a week or 2 atleast, Jim told me mid april, and for what I was trying to achieve light wise 800 lumens wasn't enough, I wanted as much light as possible for offshore fishing. For replacing stock lights the lunar's are the best choice for price and light output. Personally I think the Lunar's look ugly, I hat the shape and the look of the lens and I wanted to avoid drilling new holes for their ball mounts. When replacing the stock spreader's i notice how tight Grady pulled the wire's, there was 0 slack in my pipe work and they only had a 5 inch run from where it exited the pipe work to the light, made it tough to cut it where I had enough to work but still leaving some wire on the light so I can try and sell them or give them away. There should have been slack in the pipe work if done properly, putting tension on wire like they did is not something I like to see.

The LED rope light brand is 3/8" imtra 12vdc, there are only 2 or 3 brands out there that make 12vdc rope lights. They look great and put off a good amount of light, plenty to work the cockpit at night inshore and not have to turn the spreaders on until your landing a fish. I hate fishing inshore with spreader's on so this will make life a lot nicer.

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
It will be, did not have time to heat shrink that night, worked too late, heat shrinking was done the day after, and I left slack since I have mounts with more adjustment coming in tommorrow, slack will all be taken out and wires will be run neatly. Trust me I would never leave anything like that, I'm too meticulous, just wanted to get the pictures up asap like I had promised some I would.