Lee Jr. outrigger mount questions

Jrspawn

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I wanted to check with the group to see if anyone has a marlin 300 with lee jr outrigger mounts. I am trying to get measurements on where to drill and mount mine. Ive contacted Grady and unfortunately they weren't much help at all. They sent me the attached picture which only really shows one mounting hole. Could anyone measure there mounts possibly to help me out on this? I just want to make sure they are in the right/factory location. Thank you1645024243275.png

Uncle Joe

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Can't really help but I would like to ask.....are those bases mounted through the hardtop material only? What does the backer plate look like?

eppem

Reaction score
The Jrs are mounted to the side. Not sure the year the riggers went to the hardtop mount with the "handle". BTW, I do have a set of Jrs and the riggers for sale still!

Jrspawn

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Can't really help but I would like to ask.....are those bases mounted through the hardtop material only? What does the backer plate look like?
The Lee jr mount are actually side mounted and not mounted on the hardtop. I believe the hard top bracket is just a support for the poles.

Reactions: Uncle Joe

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Hard top bracket is to support the pole when not deployed. The bracket is through bolted just like the base with large washers. Mount the top hardtop bracket as indicated in the picture. Put the outrigger pole into the base, then Align or bolt the aft top hole of the base as described in the picture. You can then pivot or move the base so that the pole is in the hardtop bracket, this will then show you where the other bolt holes for the base will need to be. It will be a 2 person job.

Reactions: SkunkBoat

Jrspawn

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Hard top bracket is to support the pole when not deployed. The bracket is through bolted just like the base with large washers. Mount the top hardtop bracket as indicated in the picture. Put the outrigger pole into the base, then Align or bolt the aft top hole of the base as described in the picture. You can then pivot or move the base so that the pole is in the hardtop bracket, this will then show you where the other bolt holes for the base will need to be. It will be a 2 person job.
From what I’ve gathered, the bottom base is the actual tube mount that the pole slide is to. It should be positioned as pictured 10” forward and 9.5” down from the angles spot. Where I’m confused, is where do I actually mount the “wishbone” frame mounts? They can slide up and down on the tube mount and the stop collar can be adjusted. So I’m trying to figure out the measurements of where they need to be. Thank you!

Last edited:

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Yes the bottom base is the square mounting point at the bottom of the tube. The aft top hole is the screw point indicated in the diagram. Now with the pole attached in the base, and the indicated screw hole lined up or bolted, line the outrigger pole up with the mount on the hardtop. Once it is lined up that will indicate where the other mounting bolts and holes will need to be placed. Mark them and drill.

As a side not a piece of rubber hose over the c shaped hardtop support will help make a nice cushion for the outrigger pole when running.