Lee Jr Wishbone Outrigger kits

Rfazilat

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Recently purchased 265 Express came with the outrigger poles, but they need to be re-rigged and the spear toppers are also missing. anyone order the rigging kit from Lee Jr. website? anything to be aware of re-rigging the poles? Should the side mount wishbone bases mounted have enough movement to allow for the pole to seat easily into the hardtop bracket? my bases seem to expand out to drop the outriggers down at the sides, but dont have forward or backward movement to allow for the pole to seat into the hardtop bracket. am i missing an adjustment somewhere?

kirk a

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Pictures might help. When you mention re-rigging, do you simply mean installing new halyards and clips, or do you mean installing new guy wires for tension? If the former, you don't need the Lee's kit, any outrigger kit will work, but then you get to choose which clip style you want (blacks, Aftco, Rupp, R&R). I have all 3 on my boat, but have yet to use the R&R's.

I've had great luck with the service and support from Lee's - my boat has different riggers, but they were super helpful for getting parts I needed.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
you just flex them to get them in the bracket. the tension keeps them from rattling.
The only adjustment would be moving the bracket on the hardtop.

Just make sure you get the right diameter pole base.

I don't have spreader wires. Unless you troll heavy lures off riggers, you don't need them.

If you are buying new poles and have some money, consider getting retractable carbon fiber. Easier to remove & store for winter.

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
It’s been a little bit but if memory serves the Lee jrs should be able to be folded straight back if needed. How far are the poles away from seating in the holders on the hard top?
For rigging you can buy the kits or buy the line and clips and rig them yourself. Lots of opinions out there on line and clip type and preferences of each. I have mine rigged with spyder line and black clips. If you buy new poles then follows skunk’s advice above.

brdawg2001

Reaction score
Not a fan of retractable myself. Rupp and Lee are the best. I use the povermo method to manage halyards and tension with pararcord and not mono. Blacks clips are on every sportfish it seems.

Rfazilat

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
you just flex them to get them in the bracket. the tension keeps them from rattling.

I don't have spreader wires. Unless you troll heavy lures off riggers, you don't need them.

If you are buying new poles and have some money, consider getting retractable car

If you are buying new poles and have some money, consider getting retractable carbon fiber. Easier to remove & store for winter.
as my 265 will live in dry storage, the more effecient storage option seems to be collaspable poles ILO fixed 9’ poles. Any other 265 owners fishing with collaspable outriggers?

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
My 265 had Lee Jrs and fixed poles. My 305 has retractable poles mounted on the hard top. The retractable poles on the hard top are so much more user friendly. They are never in the way getting to the bow. you don't have to take them apart to bring them home at the end of the season, plus they are a fraction of the weight. I can also easily lower them to get under bridges.

amf282

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
We have Jr Wishbones with 19' aluminum poles. We also worked with them on a design to snap the poles to the hard top so they don't bang......awesome set up.Virb Mount.jpg

Reactions: drbatts and kirk a