Length of 232 Gulfstream

JJRJR

Reaction score
Hey guys,

The spec sheet of my 1992 232 says that she's 23'5" long, without the engines. So, my question is, does that mean that she's 23' 5" long to the outer edge of the stern, NOT including the Grady Drive and the twin Johnson'? I'm trying to get a sense of the TOTAL length from the tip of the anchor pulpit to the propellers.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

John

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
The quoted length is the center line length with out the engine / engines.

Reaction score
Mine is 29 1/2 feet long LOA. From the tip of the bow pulpit to the back of the motors.

seasick

Reaction score
If you question has to do with space needed for storage the measurement is from the tip of the pulpit or roller to the farthest aft point with the motor down. If the question is about dockage at a marina, some places measure the maximum length and include the extra when the motor is tilted up. At our club we accept the registration number as length. That can be a lot less than actual overall when you include the above and possible a bracket.

I think that when a boat that has a molded in pulpit (part of the deck casting) the manufacturer's LOL includes the pulpit.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
It's amazing how much longer than 23 feet they are.

My 232 is almost 33 feet on the trailer from the ball hitch aft to the props. I have the OB bracket & pulpit.

Biggest & widest 23 footer ever...

Oh yeah and the heaviest... 10,100 lbs with trailer, full fuel, ice & gear.