Lets play what's it worth..lol

lime4x4

Reaction score
Thinking of selling our 1986 grady offshore 24 with twin 1987 yamaha 150 2 stroke outboards. Were getting older and getting in and out of the cuddy isn't easy some times. Were looking to go to a sailfish with the stand up cuddy. So what would be a good asking price for the boat? Both engines work. 145 to 150 psi in all cylinders

Attachments

• 20200619_184559.jpg
    20200619_184559.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 27

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Offhand, here's one with a video. They listed it like 3 years ago at 22k with a single, but new, Suzuki engine. Looks to be in 'fair' condition... albeit they literally did not clean it up to list it..but. You have a 34yr old boat with original 2-stroke engines. That means someone is either going to be looking for an inexpensive boat, or they will want to repower, so. NADA puts retail just under 9k. High end List is 34k, but to get to get that, you would contend with boats at least 1-2 decades newer, so I would say 10-15k, max....not seeing more pictures.

I could be wrong.. but, it is not an easy sell with 2-strokes these days.

GL and hope ya get a nice Grady!

Russ

Video:

seasick

Reaction score
The request was laughable and said so with the LOL statement.
There is not nearly sufficient info to hazard a guess. The only 'info' given is that the motors run:)

I did wonder though if the trailer had value.

lime4x4

Reaction score
The problem was pics were to large. I resized them. The trailer is a tandem with new axles,springs, disk brakes and electric over hydrulic pump. I'm just looking for a rough idea on value. I know the boat is old and the engines are old. At one time i was told my offshore is kinda rare cause it has twins on a bracket. Last year also replaced all the throttle and shift cables along with fuel lines from gas tank to the engines

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 21
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 22

seasick

Reaction score
The new pics help.
That seems like perfect package for someone who is new to boating, doesn't have a lot of cash and has no idea what they would be getting into with an old boat and motors. The motors have very little value, I think the trailer might be worth more than the motors:) If the boat runs on the water and can be sea trialed, it will have more appeal and value. Depending on the general appearance, cabin, cushions, canvas if any and any other goodies with value, I would expect a private sale asking price to be maybe 7 to 12,000 with trailer. Most of the comps I see have single engines. The twins add some value (and more maintenance) which is why my range is kinda wide.

Reactions: RussGW270

lime4x4

Reaction score
Were still using the boat for offshore fishing. I have all the cusshions for the deck and cuddy. And the engines actually still work pretty good yet.. We might decide to just get a camper instead and keep the boat strictly for fishing. Right now we stay on the boat at the marina. That's why were also looking at a few 26 to 28 feet sailfishes just something with a bigger cabin and still have offshore abilities and still be able to tow it yet. Theres appears to be alot of the older sailfishes (late 80's earlier 90's) for sale. Were perfectly fine with an older boat.