Lewmar Windless Model in 2011 366 Canyon???????

Glgardnerjr

Reaction score
Model
Advance
Can someone tell me what model # Lewmar Windless is in a 2011 366 Canyon? I can't find anything on the windlass itself. I'm thinking it is a V3 which takes 3/8 chain and 5/8 rode, which makes sense. However, I am about to order new rode and chain and want to make certain it is the right size as the rode and chain are not returnable. TIA.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Take ownership of figuring this out - don't let someone else make the mistake for you.

Put photos up. Get a Model number. Take a careful look at the gypsy on the windlass. Look for some identifying numbers. Go to the Lewmar site. Call Lewmar if necessary - they do answer their phone (US Location 203-458-6200).

Reactions: Halfhitch

seasick

Reaction score
The model number is a start bu the thing you really need is the gypsy part number. That is usually stamped on the gypsy but you probably need to remove the cap (Top Nut) to get to the gypsy

Reactions: wspitler

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Agree with seasick, it is more about the gypsy than the windlass itself. My guess is the windlass is a Lewmar pro fish 1000 or the standard Lewmar 1000. A picture would be good. If it is an original from Grady they will know. But if you can’t confirm that make sure to confirm it via serial number which is on the side of the windlass.

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The Lewmars I have owned all had an obvious brand name and model number on the outside case. If yours is nameless it may be a china knock off. There could be some models I am not familiar with but be cautious when ordering parts if Lewmar numbers are nowhere to be found. The gypsy itself will have a separate part number on it which will designate what size chain and soft line it is designed for. There are several options for each model windlass.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Can someone tell me what model # Lewmar Windless is in a 2011 366 Canyon? I can't find anything on the windlass itself. I'm thinking it is a V3 which takes 3/8 chain and 5/8 rode, which makes sense. However, I am about to order new rode and chain and want to make certain it is the right size as the rode and chain are not returnable. TIA.
Is there some reason you are changing the rode and chain? Are you going to 8-plait?