Lift options and opinions

SeaVee

Reaction score
Currently have a 265, I don’t see myself going any bigger than maybe a Marlin or 305. Ready to order my lift , but there’s a big jump in piling placement and lift cost when you jump from a 12k lift to a 16k lift. Would a 12k lift be enough for a Marlin? Interested to hear from Owner’s what you have and what you would suggest.
TIA,

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
What does a Marlin or a 305 weigh in at, when fully loaded with fuel, batteries, water, gear, etc, etc.? You get the specs on Grady's website and then do the math. This doesn't have to be more complicated than it is - do the math and you'll know your answer! :)

SeaVee

Reaction score
I have done that, except I haven’t found the 305 info. Maybe I should’ve worded it differently, I’m on a small creek, and just a difference in the piling footprint for a lift larger than 12,000 pounds is a bit problematic for my ingress egress . It looks like the beam may be an issue as well.
So, Marlin Owner’s with lifts, what ya got and how do you like it? Would you do anything differently?
Thanks!

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
The 305 express hull weighs roughly 8800#. with engines roughly 10,000#. with full fuel, water, and gear you will probably be over 12k in weight. The marlin is a little lighter but not by much.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I have a Marlin and although I haven't weighed it, I'm pretty sure it comes in over 12K. I was advised to get a 16K lift so as not to be on the edge of capacity and I'm glad I did.

Reactions: RussGW270