Light inside the anchor locker?

billbass

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
I’ve heard there’s a light inside the anchor locker. Where is the lamp and how does one turn it on? (I have a 2021 Freedom 235)

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I’ve heard there’s a light inside the anchor locker. Where is the lamp and how does one turn it on? (I have a 2021 Freedom 235)
Well there's your problem - you're trying to LISTEN for a light. You can't hear light, silly! :)

I honestly don't know... but take a peek inside the locker - do you see the light?

What are all of the switches at your dash labelled? Try any that seem reasonable (cockpit lights, maybe?). Heck, put 'em all on and then turn them off one at a time.

Is there any information in your owner's manual about this?

Fishtales

Reaction score
Not one in my boat. I kinda doubt it as it is a wet area.

billbass

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
Well there's your problem - you're trying to LISTEN for a light. You can't hear light, silly! :)

I honestly don't know... but take a peek inside the locker - do you see the light?

What are all of the switches at your dash labelled? Try any that seem reasonable (cockpit lights, maybe?). Heck, put 'em all on and then turn them off one at a time.

Is there any information in your owner's manual about this?

billbass

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
I did try all the switches while I had the anchor locker open and it was night time so I could see if the lights came on. I'll try but I don't think the locker opening is large enough for my fat head. There is no information in the Manual about this. Thank you.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I did try all the switches while I had the anchor locker open and it was night time so I could see if the lights came on. I'll try but I don't think the locker opening is large enough for my fat head. There is no information in the Manual about this. Thank you.
If you can't physically see in there, use your phone. Set it to video and hold it at certain angles for a few seconds at a time.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Take some pics for sure. I know of no model that has a light in the bow anchor locker. Contact GW via website.

billbass

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
If you can't physically see in there, use your phone. Set it to video and hold it at certain angles for a few seconds at a time.
I'll try that great idea. Thank you.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Just an idea... Get a short battery powered light stick and attach it inside the locker where you want it and can get at it to turn on.

billbass

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
Just an idea... Get a short battery powered light stick and attach it inside the locker where you want it and can get at it to turn on.
Great idea. Thank you.