list in slip

kevgle

Reaction score
boat is 265 express.Just launched for the season and noticed slight list to the right while in the slip.This is the side dual batteries are on.Could that extra weight of one battery effect this.Also.fresh water tank (on other side) is empty thinking when I fill that(20 gallons)it will help ..Any thoughts or anything else I should be ;looking for.Thanks

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Both are contributing factors. My 265 always had a very slight starboard list at the dock.

Saltyone

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Mine is the same and probably a bit more, because I also have a 9.9 kicker on that side with a mounting bracket. It's coming off though in the next couple of weeks. Is the black water tank empty as well?

Ekea

Reaction score
Model
Chase
as said above, both will contribute to it. im sure the boat lists more/less if you walk to one side or the other.

the water tank that holds 20 gal will be almost 170 lbs. if you are close to that, just stand on the other side and have someone tell you if it levels out

weatherguage

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
My 2000 has done the same since I got it in 2020. A few folks have called it out but I add water and leave about 20# of dive weighs on the port battery shelf.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
mine did too. Its less since adding 4th battery. I have so much crap on board it's one way or the other depending on what & where its stored.

I wouldn't worry about it. If something bad's going to happen it'll happen out there...

kevgle

Reaction score
update; i filled fresh water tank(20 gallons)and boat sits perfect amazing how much that little weight affects it. anyway hope everyone has a good summer.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Water is about 8.3lbs per gallon so your looking at 166lbs. Pay attention when you have folks on board and see how she rides. You may be adjusting tabs a lot if you have shifting weight.