Livewell dial vs. switch

mr_mbuna

Reaction score
On my 2011 275, there is a dial on my dashboard that will operate the livewell aerator for a certain amount of time and a livewell switch which does nothing. I don't think my livewell pump is broken because the aerator dial will cause water to pump, but it's strange that the livewell switch can't be used for continuous pumping. Is this setup properly?

IMG_20200715_160742 (1).jpg

wrxhoon

Reaction score
I have a variable pump switch on my 228, no need to have it on constantly with a few livies in the tank. I wired it myself after the main switch so you turn the main switch on to work and then you turn the dial, she goes on for 30 seconds and intervals vary for zero to 5 minutes .
Have you tried turning the livewell switch off? If wired like mine it wont work. With the main switch on try the dial, mine will be on constant if it is as far as possible anticlockwise and the further you go clockwise the off time increases.

Blaugrana

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I have a variable pump switch on my 228, no need to have it on constantly with a few livies in the tank. I wired it myself after the main switch so you turn the main switch on to work and then you turn the dial, she goes on for 30 seconds and intervals vary for zero to 5 minutes .
Have you tried turning the livewell switch off? If wired like mine it wont work. With the main switch on try the dial, mine will be on constant if it is as far as possible anticlockwise and the further you go clockwise the off time increases.

Interesting...When taking out my switch panel, I saw a loose wire that was the aerator. I know my livewell switching isn’t working but why would the aerator not have a switch for it? What year is your 228?

wrxhoon

Reaction score
My 228 is 2013 model but I had an older 228 before , wired it as stated above.

mr_mbuna
If that's so then who ever wired it they bypassed the main switch, I don't know whey they would that.
The variable dial you have should have a constant on, have you tried to turn it all they way clockwise or anticlockwise?

Flot

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Since no one explicitly said it, the benefit of the timer is that the pump is not running continuously and draining your battery.

wrxhoon

Reaction score
Since no one explicitly said it, the benefit of the timer is that the pump is not running continuously and draining your battery.
That's the only reason you have a timer. If i only have a few livies in the tank I use the timer.