livewell mounting question!!! NEED YOUR INPUT

millerlowlife

Reaction score
I have spent about a few hours trying to figure out how GW owners mount there live well's i have a 92 overnight 204 i just picked up like a month ago and it has a livewell that killed a half scoop of bait on beautiful flat day, i need a bigger tank and pump but i'm limited on places to mount the tank. ideally i would like to have it the middle of the deck however i have hoses need to be plumbed for in and out water flow. and i don't want to trip on them either, and below deck there is a fuel tank. Any ideas guys?

Bob's Cay

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
On my '88 Overnighter I had a raw water wash down pump installed with a spigot in the motorwell. That pump is used to supply a livewell (40 gal)that I place just forward of the motor well. The tank has a hose fitting that I use to connect to the spigot with a short hose. Both have "garden hose fittings". I set the tank up so the water enters near the top and into a PVC pipe with a 90 at the bottom. This directs water to the bottom or it can be removed to supply to the top. A large overflow with a short length of hose directs the overflow over the transom. It has work great for baits that needed water changes.

I also have a smaller 14 gal insulated livewell that I place behind the portside helm seat. This well has a recirculating pump and fitting to supply air. I find I use this tank more now and it keeps bait well. I will use the hose to change part of the water during the day. Also use frozen water containers to keep the water temp down on hot days.

Hope this helps (and makes sense).