Locking cabin door from inside cabin

A-Salt-Weapon

Reaction score
Have an 06 282 Sailfish that the wife and I spend a lot of weekends on. We are going to make a jump over to the Bahama's this spring and the wife wants to be able to lock the door at night. Does anyone know of a solution (factory looking) that allows the cabin doors to be locked from the inside? I would like to get away from the generic keys that anyone who owns a boat has.
Thanks

ahill

Reaction score
The door can be locked with the door latch keeper. Put on another one to secure the top hatch.

max366

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
This company probably has something- pretty good quality as well.
http://www.marinepartdepot.com/dring.html

they have a coupon to get 20% off as well
Through November 18, 2012, enjoy additional 20% off with FREE SHIPPING on our already low wholesale price for Every Item with COUPON D1120

Fishtales

Reaction score
Hi,
Boat is away but I'm almost certain there is a provision to place a small pad lock on the door on my 300. There is a sliding latch just under the black lexan covers. This would work when you are away from the boat.

While in the cabin or sleeping the generic circular latches lock from the inside. I agree that a key could be used to open, but you would hear them. Maybe you could cut some small pieces of plastic to wedge the inside latches so they couldn't open. Let's be honest, anything you put on there isn't going to keep anyone out too long anyway. A final option would be to lock the outside (per above) and come in via the hatch if you are small enough. Personally I would not do this. You would have to break them down if you needed to get out in a hurry.