Locks for Fish Box

captainmichael

Reaction score
Does anyone have a solution for locking the large fish boxes. We don't tend catch big tuna in Lake Erie so we use these large boxes to store a lot of fishing tackle and other gear. Photo Style 1 is a latch on the stern fish box. This is the real challenge I am trying to solve. Photo Style 2 is a latch on the jump seat fish box. Could use idea for this also but I don't think this will be as hard to solve.

Attachments

• latch.jpg
    latch.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 1,186
  • latch 2.jpg
    latch 2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1,187

captainmichael

Reaction score
OK, I did not do a very good job on the photos. On my lap top you can slide the image around by using the bars on the right and the bottom. need to figure out the photo pasting thing.

captainmichael

Reaction score
Here is some feedback I received from Grady Corporate. Seems like a nice fix. OK, now how about the pull down latch on the companion seat fish boxes. Anyone have a lock for these with the same pull down style?

Here’s a link for Premier products LTD that shows a locking flush mount latch that is adjustable that would look clean and hooks under the lip of the fiberglass rain lip inside your fishbox. You will need one in the range of about 3” and this one is adjustable. This will mount in place of the center pull ring on your lid. This could be an option for you to take a look at. See the link from Premier http://www.premierproductsltd.com/catalog/product/347 .

Fishtales

Reaction score
Not being a wise guy, but why bother. All you are doing is keeping yourself out. If anyone wants what is in there, they will pop it off is and destroy the fiberglass in the area.

captainmichael

Reaction score
I guess it is all about keeping the honest folks honest or what ever that saying is. Or encouraging a potential vandal to seek out an easier target in the slip close by.