Long time member, finally got another boat

CJBROWN

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Hey guys, I talked to KingJ here this last weekend, it's been a few years, and he was all excited about his new (to him) 208.

We finally got financially recovered from the past six years and decided to get another boat. Unfortunately it couldn't be another Grady, so I'm just popping in to say 'howdy' and report in.

We wanted something lightweight to tow with the new Chevy Colorado, and it had to fit in the garage as I didn't want to pay storage or moorage fees. We were looking at outboard runabouts, lake boats, like the Four Winns Horizon, and I was poking around on THT and someone said to look at Arima. We ended up buying a new one, a SeaChaser 17 with Honda BF90 outboard.

It's no Grady White but gets us back out there and it's a TON of fun! Maybe kinda looks a little like a Grady, huh? :mrgreen:

Anyhow, I miss the old forum here and hope to meet up with my old Grady buddy Jim for a putt.

:dance

Just picked it up over the Labor Day Holiday.

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Well hello Chris, it has been awhile and good to see you back. I have a friend here on the Island that just sold his Arima for a Trophy. He enjoyed it very much and just decided to go bigger and a little heavier for his west coast kayaking, which he packs on board. We are still enjoying "Chumalong" very much!!! Spending a lot of time fishing and exploring the east and west coast of Vancouver Island. Great year fishing and the prawning appears to be picking up a little from the last couple of years. Made a few changes to the 208. Installed a bow pulpit which has made anchoring much easier. Got a very good offer for the F 150 so sold it and strapped on the New F 200 i4 which we are very happy with. Wash down pump, new command link gauges, a water pressure gauge, bow bunks on the trailer (steep ramp entry), Scotty high speed down riggers. Put on a Yam high thrust 8 kicker on bringing it home from your home, 5 years ago? With a remote switch on the stern to raise and lower it without having to get back in the boat. Opened the hatch for the fresh water tank and installed a slam latch, hinges and a spring shock to use for storing fishing weights etc. Installed hinges and slam latches on the stern hatches accessing the batteries, as they always slid all over the boat on removal. An on board Genius charging system to keep the batteries charged up. Everyone I speak with thinks it is a fairly new boat (2006) so we are trying to keep it that way. Trust all is well with you and your family and you are enjoying the new boat. Take care and stay on the site as you have so much boat knowledge to share. Cheers, trapper

Fishtales

Reaction score
Always good to be back on the water. The boat really doesn't matter all that much and you need A boat to have fun. Looks like a nice rig for trailering and maintenance. The Honda is a very good motor. Hopefully you will have a lot of fun with her.