Look What I Found on Craigslist

Capt Tom

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 205
Crazy, saw this today when searching for a used jon boat. Strange, no contact info or HP for the deal of the century.

LIKE NEW Grady White 251 Coastal Explorer - $25000

length overall (LOA): 25
propulsion type: power
2016 Grady White 251 Coastal Explorer Trim Tabs with indicator at helm, Richie compass, stainless steel board ladder, Minn Kota Riptide Ulterra self deploying 36 volt 112 lb thrust, rear transom seats with flip up back rest
I'm

cap

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
catch phrase "I'm deploying" He needs to get rid of it quick

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Send me money order for $50K, I arrange delivery, I send you back $25K, we good!!! Spoken with broken English and a Indian accent!!!

Either typo or scam.

Reactions: JJMag

Capt Tom

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 205
Something else I noticed. The Grady White decal is blurred out and seems inaccurate even though the hull looks good.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I've emailed him....he's not that far from me. If he responds, I'll run up there and take a look at it today.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I just searched CL and found it on the Wash DC Craigslist. That boat is CLEARLY not in DC - it looks like Florida (the grass and the trees). It's also now a different picture.

I've seen this before with other boats. Some shyster grabs a picture from someone else's ad or somewhere on the net and tries to lure someone into "buying" it for some ridiculously low price... only for the buyer to find out later that they've been had. A couple years ago, there was a Sea Ray 260 Sundancer circulating with the same type of ad/gimmick.

Greyduk

Reaction score
This also shows up on the Montgomery Alabama Craigslist. Obviously a hoax.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
It's listed EVERYWHERE.

Needless to say, I don't think I'll need to take the afternoon off to go look at it. :)

Topjimmy

Reaction score
Yep the ad is up in Seattle Craigslist and last time I checked in my 60 years in Seattle we do not have Palm trees it says it is located in a city just outside Seattle ..I flagged the ad

Capt Tom

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 205
My curiosity got the best of me. I emailed the link provided, this was the response. Notice the date/time below, I received this around 2 PM CST. I guess some people must fall for these scams.

Hello,
Is this boat still for sale?

On 2/19/2020 10:10 PM, craigslist reply 76be wrote:

Yes, is available for sale. It is in excellent condition, one owner. This is for the product for sale on Craigslist. Text me your email I have more photos and info.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I got the same email response. I replied to his email and asked for more information. Let’s see if he responds again.