Look What I Found on Craigslist

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Yep...that's why I didn't give it to him. Apparently he is selling it for his mom.....

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
You silly people. I just bought it. It is being delivered today by 8pm, USPS............

lol

R

Firenailer

Reaction score
i got a response saying her husband died and she’s at her daughters recovering from throat surgery.... boat is available thru a shipping agency....total scam. I flagged it but never heard back again.

Holokai

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Haha. Same thing happened a few weeks back here. The poster used a screenshot from a YouTube video and even copied the specs. Seems like these pop up every couple of months.

Bread

Reaction score
Haha...I thinks it comes with a Bridge

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I used to live in Lexingon, KY. I don't recall having any Palm Trees there! :p

Reactions: Ky Grady

B-man

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
That one popped up here in Minnesota too

Most of these ads are just "Phishing" to get your real email address (to sell/share/scam).

It doesn't hurt to reply through Craigslist (it's automatically encrypted) in case it's real, but if they get back to you and ask right away for your real email address or phone number..... ignore them.

But at least they're easy to pick out. Usually very few or inaccurate/useless details, no phone number, generally no boat registration numbers, 1-2 pictures, a price that's too good to be true.......and usually palm trees lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Bread

Bread

Reaction score
Agree with B-man. I was looking for a cheap (<$2,000) pontoon boat without engine for a mooring. I set up a Craiglists Search Alert. Amazing all the scamming postings out there. Always as B-man states one or two (bad) photos and too good to be true pricing. e.g. a pontoon boat worth $10K to $15K would be posted for under $2K. :)