Model
Sailfish
Looking for GW Sailfish or Marlin with Air Conditioner

rchile

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Greetings Ron,

I have just what you are looking for. 1998 272 Sailfish. Shore power, AC, mini fridge, gas stove, enclosed head. Great overnighter. Repowered with twin Evinrude 225 E-tecs, only 51 hours. These engines produce tremendous torque. Even on a heavy boat like a Grady, it just hops on plane. They are CARB 3 compliant and burn only13.2 gallons per hour at 30 mph cruise. Located in a covered slip at St. Petersburg Florida Municipal Marina. Click on this link for further information https://www.tampayachtsales.com/boat/1998/grady-white/272-sailfish/2795780

Rchile

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Here's two Grady White 282 Sailfish boats for sale...

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Looks like my 2002 282, with triple axle aluminum trailer, all in excellent condition, is available but not yet listed. The gentleman who bought it from me 2 years ago, ran her on her bottom from my dock, here in lower Delaware, to Portland, Maine. He loves the boat, has had absolutely no issues with it, and used it some last year. But he lives in Texas, and doesn't spend anywhere enough time in Me to use the boat. He texted me yesterday, with that info.

When he bought it, I asked that if/when he ever decides to sell, please give me first right of refusal. And so he did. But I have downsized to a 25 Freedom, and I haven't put more than 20 hours on her last year, and none this year, so the Sailfish makes no sense to me, as we are not doing much, if any, off-shore fishing anymore.

I don't know what he will be asking for it, but if anyone is seriously interested, I will find out and let you know. Keep in mind, the boat is in Portland Maine. After he ran the boat to Maine, he came back a week later to get his truck and the trailer. So it is there, as well.

It has about everything OP wants except AC. Never installed that, as I never needed it and he did not either, so you'd have to do that.

Last edited:
Reactions: sailUSVI

rchile

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Greetings Ron,

I have just what you are looking for. 1998 272 Sailfish. Shore power, AC, mini fridge, gas stove, enclosed head. Great overnighter. Repowered with twin Evinrude 225 E-tecs, only 51 hours. These engines produce tremendous torque. Even on a heavy boat like a Grady, it just hops on plane. They are CARB 3 compliant and burn only13.2 gallons per hour at 30 mph cruise. Located in a covered slip at St. Petersburg Florida Municipal Marina. Click on this link for further information https://www.tampayachtsales.com/boat/1998/grady-white/272-sailfish/2795780

Rchile
You can also call me direct at 813-240-5535

vbriggs111389

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Looks like my 2002 282, with triple axle aluminum trailer, all in excellent condition, is available but not yet listed. The gentleman who bought it from me 2 years ago, ran her on her bottom from my dock, here in lower Delaware, to Portland, Maine. He loves the boat, has had absolutely no issues with it, and used it some last year. But he lives in Texas, and doesn't spend anywhere enough time in Me to use the boat. He texted me yesterday, with that info.

When he bought it, I asked that if/when he ever decides to sell, please give me first right of refusal. And so he did. But I have downsized to a 25 Freedom, and I haven't put more than 20 hours on her last year, and none this year, so the Sailfish makes no sense to me, as we are not doing much, if any, off-shore fishing anymore.

I don't know what he will be asking for it, but if anyone is seriously interested, I will find out and let you know. Keep in mind, the boat is in Portland Maine. After he ran the boat to Maine, he came back a week later to get his truck and the trailer. So it is there, as well.

It has about everything OP wants except AC. Never installed that, as I never needed it and he did not either, so you'd have to do that.
I'm interested! Hours? Price?

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I'm interested! Hours? Price?
I pass this along to Rob, the gentleman who bought the boat from me 2 years ago. I'm think the hours are around 240-250; not sure, I don't know what he wants for it, but we've stayed in touch, so I'll mention this post to him.

Jamato14

Reaction score
Looking for GW Sailfish or Marlin with Air Conditioner
If you’re still looking and interested in a repower candidate, I’m considering selling my 2000 272 sailfish as is (just had the port engine die and initial diagnosis is water leak in the power head waiting for haulout to get final diagnosis). Can let it go at a price where a repower to new Yamaha or Suzukis and rewire can be done and still under the $100k budget. Has all amentities including ac/heat, hot water heater, windlass, plus all the basics and rigged for giant bluefin fishing. IMG_4750.jpegimage000000.jpeg