Looking for a new seat for a 2004 225 Tournament

kahuna28748

Reaction score
Hi all and thank you in advance for all your help! I am getting all my bolsters and seat cushions redone for a reasonable price but the double back reclining seat on the port side is giving me fits, it’s all moldy and falling apart at the seams.
Due to all the detail on the seat my reupholster guy is giving me a crazy price . I looked online but couldn’t find anything, should I just get a aftermarket? Custom?
In the NY, Long Island area here, any help is appreciated! Thanks again!

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
It's certainly understandable that an upholsterer will charge more, comparatively, for a B-B seat. It's much more intricate than a plain bolster or relatively flat cushions/seats. In addition, if this upholsterer only does basic sewing, then doing a B-B might be out of his/her normal "scope" of work... also explaining why the price could be higher. Not sure what you mean by "crazy", though.

You can certainly look around for an aftermarket seat (Wise, for example). The question will be whether or not the vinyl matches. You might consider buying the B-B seat first, then match the rest of the replacement vinyl to the B-B. Or, bite the bullet and let the guy earn his money.

jasgator5220

Reaction score
Model
Advance
To provide context, I just spent $615 redoing the jump seat on my 257. I had it redone in the same style as the original, so not a basic seat wrap. This included the plastic/starboard (whatever) foundation board, which is thick given it needs to carry a load.

Fishtales

Reaction score
tough to solve. it is likely custom. you can try grady. then try Wise Company (may have made it). they open the wallet and pay. your not going to like a crap show in the middle of your cockpit.

justus

Reaction score
1550589159986.png Check these guys out.
They made one for my 205 and it looked great .

Jambo

Reaction score
If you are willing to do the work of removing the failing seats from the boat and take off the vinyl (not hard, just tedious), I just had the vinyl remade for my Tournament 225 remade by CopyCat Upholstery (296 Silverado St, Tavares, FL 32778 - 888-599-9366, sales@copycatupholstery.com, www.copycatupholstery.com). Archie will give you a firm estimate from measurements and pictures.
The following is my earlier write up about the bolster project. And btw, that was complicated by curved backboards and wedge shaped foam. Copycat did very nice work. My b-b seats vinyl is likely gong there soon. And then, I am completely restored.
I was responsible for removing the vinyl from my bolsters and seats (hundreds of staples) and sending to CopyCat. They, in turn, copied the original vinyl and sent back to me. I then stretched the new vinyl over the bare foam and backing boards and restapled. The result is very good. I am not sure I saved much over an upholstery shop ($1,150 for all eight bolsters recovered including embroidery), but I do know the materials are first rate, the workmanship great, customer service exceptional, and the work done right and on my time. I'm now having my rear jump seat redone and I expect that will be very nice as well.
A couple of notes: 1. A staple puller (Amazon) is essential. Many staples need removal from the originals. 2. Monel staples are important. Rust free.