Looking for info

Trophy20002

Reaction score
Hello all,

I joined to pick some of your minds and to get some educated opinions on this. I was was going to post in the Hull Truth, but I'm not interested in a dumpster fire of arguments.

For some time I've been eyeballing Glacier Bay cats, I'm loosing interest due to what I consider ridiculous pricing and overall availability. Grady's have always been on the list and I came across a really good price on a 2003 258 Voyager, 650 hr twin yamaha 150s. The biggest reason I was after a cat was the ride quality, I care nothing about speed. The furthest rountrip I would do is 100 miles in a day and it wouldn't be very often. I mostly drift and troll all within 15 miles of home base.

As a comparison I currently have a 2002 model Trophy. It's been a good old boat, I really can't complain. The ride, however is just too rough and it's not overly stable to jig from. Both my knees and back are shot and after a big day on the water I walk like I'm 80. Other boats I frequent are a 20' and 24' Duckworth aluminums, nice boats and absolute torture chambers for ride. One other is a 25' Robalo, I really have enjoyed being on that for the ride and stability in comparison. I have looked at the 232 Gulfstreams, but at 9'3" they become a giant pain to tow especially as I'm looking all over the US for the right boat, availability and pricing on boats where I am isn't the best.

I'm aware that an 03 still has a wood transom, however the boat has never been bottom painted and appears that its been lift/trialer kept most of its life, there's very little to no discolouration or buildup anywhere that I can see.

Any helpful insite on this hull would be appreciated.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I can't give much advice to the boat models in question, though I do remember awhile back a member who said he'd owned like 10 Grady's and his favorite was by far the 232 Gulfstream. So, I wouldn't necessarily count that boat out before you take a ride on one as I've heard they're incredibly stable, ride like a tank and are a very comfortable ride. Trailering can get a little challenging but is still doable, depending on where you live and your local ordinances for towing. Grady did make a 26' Tigercat for a few years and you see them pop up for sale every once in awhile but they must not have sold well at all because they're pretty rare and didn't seem like they were produced for too terribly long. I think if I personally was to look for a bigger boat than my 228 Seafarer that I'd be looking pretty hard at the Pursuit 2470 Walkaround. I like the all level flooring and without any steps or stairs in the cockpit area and they're a very nice, dry, comfortable ride from what I've read up on them. And yes, you are correct in that an 03 Grady will still have wood in the transom. Good luck with your search and I'd update your post with a few things like your location, budget, etc. That way others can chime in and give some advice as well as look for boats for you.

Trophy20002

Reaction score
I can't give much advice to the boat models in question, though I do remember awhile back a member who said he'd owned like 10 Grady's and his favorite was by far the 232 Gulfstream. So, I wouldn't necessarily count that boat out before you take a ride on one as I've heard they're incredibly stable, ride like a tank and are a very comfortable ride. Trailering can get a little challenging but is still doable, depending on where you live and your local ordinances for towing. Grady did make a 26' Tigercat for a few years and you see them pop up for sale every once in awhile but they must not have sold well at all because they're pretty rare and didn't seem like they were produced for too terribly long. I think if I personally was to look for a bigger boat than my 228 Seafarer that I'd be looking pretty hard at the Pursuit 2470 Walkaround. I like the all level flooring and without any steps or stairs in the cockpit area and they're a very nice, dry, comfortable ride from what I've read up on them. And yes, you are correct in that an 03 Grady will still have wood in the transom. Good luck with your search and I'd update your post with a few things like your location, budget, etc. That way others can chime in and give some advice as well as look for boats for you.
Thanks for the reply. I'm in Canada, west coat so I'm at a huge disadvantage right now with the exchange. I'll more than likley have to inport one, slection here isn't great. My top end right now would be 50k USD, that'll convert to about 80 CDN by the time I'm done with exchange and shipping.

I have been eyeballing a local 99 232 with the grady single pod and a 16 yamaha 250, plus it has all the other gear we use up here as well. I've also read here that those transom are way less likely to rot due to the pod. I'm always open to suggestions as well. One big thing I am not into is buying a giant project, I've been down that road too many times. If I can find a sound hull on a decent trailer that I can get 5 or 6 years out of, I'm not adverse to repowering at that time.

OceanSun

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I fish puget sound, and the washington and west coast VI ocean in my 232 Gulfstream. Super stable on the drift (halibut/lings) and troll (salmon) and night and day from the Trophy I upgraded from. I can have three big guys on one gunnel landing a fish or bringing up gear and the boat lean is hardly noticable. The width combined with the SeaV2 hull is a winner in that regard. Some have criticized the 232 on it's ride but I've found that you just need to trim the seav2 hull a bit differently to get it to cut the waves while taking advantage of the stability the width provides. Absolutely love my 232 for these waters.

Reactions: Mustang65fbk

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Thanks for the reply. I'm in Canada, west coat so I'm at a huge disadvantage right now with the exchange. I'll more than likley have to inport one, slection here isn't great. My top end right now would be 50k USD, that'll convert to about 80 CDN by the time I'm done with exchange and shipping.

I have been eyeballing a local 99 232 with the grady single pod and a 16 yamaha 250, plus it has all the other gear we use up here as well. I've also read here that those transom are way less likely to rot due to the pod. I'm always open to suggestions as well. One big thing I am not into is buying a giant project, I've been down that road too many times. If I can find a sound hull on a decent trailer that I can get 5 or 6 years out of, I'm not adverse to repowering at that time.
Greetings brother to the north of us, I'm south of you down here in the Seattle area, welcome to the forum. There are a fair amount of Grady White's down here in the Seattle area as Jacobsen's Marine in Edmonds is the only GW dealer in the PNW region. Though, I do believe there is one up in Vancouver BC? Either way, 232 Gulfstream's are a rather popular model down here, as are boats like mine being a 228 Seafarer. There are even guys with some bigger boats like my neighbor has a 270 Islander and there are even guys with 300 Marlin's, etc. I guess my point would be that I again wouldn't necessarily discredit the 232 Gulfstream or take it off your potential list as from what I've heard they're a fantastic boat and the guys down here all seem to like them. Like you, I didn't want to spend PNW prices on a boat, so I kept looking back on the east coast and finally found my boat in Maryland. I paid $26.5k for her back in October of 2021 and have seen almost identical boats sell out here on the Seattle Craigslist site for $55k-$65k. I think looking all throughout the country and even down here in the US is going to get you the best bang for your buck in terms of savings. You can either then have the boat shipped up to you or you can drive it back yourself, of which I've bought 3 boats on the east coast 3 different times and driven each of them back. I had fun doing so, it was an adventure and saved money each time, though I'm not sure if I'd want to do a 4th trip anytime in the near future.

That being said, the pricing out here for boats is just simply insane and I couldn't justify spending twice the money on the same boat just for the convenience factor. I personally love the fully enclosed transom as well as the transom bracket, and yes they're going to be less likely to get water intrusion into them compared to the other models with the cheap bang cap/plate on them. I would try to narrow your search down to a couple of models and see if you can check with your local GW dealer to see if they have them locally, go step onboard the boats and see which you prefer. A lot of guys like the 232 Gulfstream because of the ability to have twin motors on them, though I fish in the Puget Sound which is fairly protected, and I don't personally see the need to have them. I also have a SeaTow membership on my insurance, but you could also do a single main and a kicker on a 232 Gulfstream as well. I agree on projects though, they're usually cheaper up front but in the end you'll oftentimes spend as much or even more time and money on getting them to be what you could've purchased a turn key boat for. I'd look on the east coast for both a boat as well as a trailer, if the boat you're purchasing doesn't come with one. There are a ton of shipping companies out there, I think one of the biggest third party companies would be UShip, which could give you some rough shipping estimates. For me, I saved money each time doing the drive myself, as well as save a good deal of time. Trip number one I drove out and back from Seattle to Maryland and spend around $1,800 total in doing so. The last trip I broke even or maybe even saved a bit of money but all of the shipping companies were 2-3 weeks out from getting to my boat, which I didn't want to wait that long for. I will also say though that a single 250 on a 232 Gulfstream might be a bit underpowered as I've got a single Yamaha F225 on my 228 Seafarer, and I'm not sure I'd want to go any lower in terms of horsepower than that. And a 232 Gulfstream is a considerably heavier boat than mine. Either way, good luck with your search and keep us updated.

Last edited:
Reactions: coldpizza

Trophy20002

Reaction score
Greetings brother to the north of us, I'm south of you down here in the Seattle area, welcome to the forum. There are a fair amount of Grady White's down here in the Seattle area as Jacobsen's Marine in Edmonds is the only GW dealer in the PNW region. Though, I do believe there is one up in Vancouver BC? Either way, 232 Gulfstream's are a rather popular model down here, as are boats like mine being a 228 Seafarer. There are even guys with some bigger boats like my neighbor has a 270 Islander and there are even guys with 300 Marlin's, etc. I guess my point would be that I again wouldn't necessarily discredit the 232 Gulfstream or take it off your potential list as from what I've heard they're a fantastic boat and the guys down here all seem to like them. Like you, I didn't want to spend PNW prices on a boat, so I kept looking back on the east coast and finally found my boat in Maryland. I paid $26.5k for her back in October of 2021 and have seen almost identical boats sell out here on the Seattle Craigslist site for $55k-$65k. I think looking all throughout the country and even down here in the US is going to get you the best bang for your buck in terms of savings. You can either then have the boat shipped up to you or you can drive it back yourself, of which I've boat 3 boats on the east coast 3 different times and driven each of them back. I had fun doing so, it was an adventure and saved money each time, though I'm not sure if I'd want to do a 4th trip anytime in the near future.

That being said, the pricing out here for boats is just simply insane and I couldn't justify spending twice the money on the same boat just for the convenience factor. I personally love the fully enclosed transom as well as the transom bracket, and yes they're going to be less likely to get water intrusion into them compared to the other models with the cheap bang cap/plate on them. I would try to narrow your search down to a couple of models and see if you can check with your local GW dealer to see if they have them locally, go step onboard the boats and see which you prefer. A lot of guys like the 232 Gulfstream because of the ability to have twin motors on them, though I fish in the Puget Sound which is fairly protected, and I don't personally see the need to have them. I also have a SeaTow membership on my insurance, but you could also do a single main and a kicker on a 232 Gulfstream as well. I agree on projects though, they're usually cheaper up front but in the end you'll oftentimes spend as much or even more time and money on getting them to be what you could've purchased a turn key boat for. I'd look on the east coast for both a boat as well as a trailer, if the boat you're purchasing doesn't come with one. There are a ton of shipping companies out there, I think one of the biggest third party companies would be UShip, which could give you some rough shipping estimates. For me, I saved money each time doing the drive myself, as well as save a good deal of time. Trip number one I drove out and back from Seattle to Maryland and spend around $1,800 total in doing so. The last trip I broke even or maybe even saved a bit of money but all of the shipping companies were 2-3 weeks out from getting to my boat, which I didn't want to wait that long for. I will also say though that a single 250 on a 232 Gulfstream might be a bit underpowered as I've got a single Yamaha F225 on my 228 Seafarer, and I'm not sure I'd want to go any lower in terms of horsepower than that. And a 232 Gulfstream is a considerably heavier boat than mine. Either way, good luck with your search and keep us updated.
The local 1999 I found here has newer power and everything to fish in the PNW. I've done the math and yes, I can find one say in SC of the similar vintage, but they generally have old outboard(s) and no accessories. With the exchange, travel, towing and taxes there's really no deal. Then I have to have an eisenglass enclosure made, mount a kicker, wire it for downriggers and everything else. There used to be amazing deals south of the border for us Canucks before the covid blender chewed everything up and left us all in a pile to figure things out. I do appreciate the input. I really can't hate on the old Trophy I have. It's been a fantastic boat for what it is. It's economical, easy to tow and gets on step in a heartbeat. I'm very realistic with my expectations. I know instead of ricocheting off waves, the Grady will plow them much better. Plus I pick and choose my days, I have that luxury.

I've read some varying reviews on the 250. Some say it's fine, some say it's not. I'll take the boat for a test and see. Speed means nothing to me, getting there with my kidneys and spine intact are my main concerns. Maybe I can talk the wife into a 90 Viking.......

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
The local 1999 I found here has newer power and everything to fish in the PNW. I've done the math and yes, I can find one say in SC of the similar vintage, but they generally have old outboard(s) and no accessories. With the exchange, travel, towing and taxes there's really no deal. Then I have to have an eisenglass enclosure made, mount a kicker, wire it for downriggers and everything else. There used to be amazing deals south of the border for us Canucks before the covid blender chewed everything up and left us all in a pile to figure things out. I do appreciate the input. I really can't hate on the old Trophy I have. It's been a fantastic boat for what it is. It's economical, easy to tow and gets on step in a heartbeat. I'm very realistic with my expectations. I know instead of ricocheting off waves, the Grady will plow them much better. Plus I pick and choose my days, I have that luxury.

I've read some varying reviews on the 250. Some say it's fine, some say it's not. I'll take the boat for a test and see. Speed means nothing to me, getting there with my kidneys and spine intact are my main concerns. Maybe I can talk the wife into a 90 Viking.......
Depending on how much fishing you do over the winter... I'd wait a few months before you buy and see how prices are then. My guess is that during December or January you'll see even lower prices than they are currently, which would be the best time to buy. What is the asking price on the boat local to you? Does it have a hardtop? Are you wanting a boat with a hardtop? And I very much agree about the comfort aspect as I had two 21' Arima's before my GW 228 Seafarer and they were a brutal boat to ride in when it was choppy. They were also a very wet ride, so you'd get waves and spray over the windshield/windows and it just wasn't a great boat unless it was perfectly calm. There's a reason why I sold them both, bought my Grady White and haven't ever looked back. Also, I wired my own boat for downriggers, it wasn't difficult at all and did so in a few hours, as well as it was even kind of a fun, small project. I've never used a kicker motor on my boats, just the main and also I don't use the canvas or isinglass, but again that's just me. Also, are you wanting to stick with a single or go with twin motors?

Trophy20002

Reaction score
Those are great questions. I fish hard between April and October, the campground/Marina closes at the end of Oct. The boat sits for the rest of the year. This boat is the perfect fit for what I'm after. It has the single for now and will last for years, but if in 8 years it grenades, I'll go with twins. It's completely fish ready. Full eisenglass enclosure, newer electric start/trim kicker to the helm, ready for scotty electrics, new radar/finders either raymarine or simrad, I can't remember off the top of my head. I'm an industrial mechanic by trade so I could do everything myself if needed, I just don't want to. I have a huge house project on the go then we'll be moving in the summer hopefully. I just want something turn key for once in my life. I basically gutted that trophy and fixed everything it needed. They're asking 72k CDN, which with all the extras considered, isn't a bad price and it's an hour down the road, not in Florida. Both outboards are 16's. Main has 6xx hours. My 17 175 SHO has been absolutely flawless and has about the same hours. The only thing missing is a diesel heater, which is an easy add.

Trophy20002

Reaction score
One thing I should say is that, maybe the boat I'm looking at isn't the one I'll buy. I find it better to join groups that are make specific rather than asking general groups as there's always the deluge of answers form people that have ne experience with the specific models, just the hate.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Those are great questions. I fish hard between April and October, the campground/Marina closes at the end of Oct. The boat sits for the rest of the year. This boat is the perfect fit for what I'm after. It has the single for now and will last for years, but if in 8 years it grenades, I'll go with twins. It's completely fish ready. Full eisenglass enclosure, newer electric start/trim kicker to the helm, ready for scotty electrics, new radar/finders either raymarine or simrad, I can't remember off the top of my head. I'm an industrial mechanic by trade so I could do everything myself if needed, I just don't want to. I have a huge house project on the go then we'll be moving in the summer hopefully. I just want something turn key for once in my life. I basically gutted that trophy and fixed everything it needed. They're asking 72k CDN, which with all the extras considered, isn't a bad price and it's an hour down the road, not in Florida. Both outboards are 16's. Main has 6xx hours. My 17 175 SHO has been absolutely flawless and has about the same hours. The only thing missing is a diesel heater, which is an easy add.
I think I'd honestly increase your budget a bit and go with something like this instead where it's already got twin outboards, is 7 years newer, has a trailer as well as radar, electronics and so forth. I also like the design much better on the 2006 and newer 232 Gulfstream's where they've got the fold down rear middle seat and the large built in fish box as opposed to the older versions that have the cutout for the middle seat built into it. During the wintertime, I'd bet you could probably get transport for under $5k and for probably $60k or less, I think it would be a better boat than what you mentioned, or at least just based off of what you described. Again, just my opinion. I'm a bit of a frugal guy and bought my boat because I couldn't imagine spending double the price or more just because a boat was local to me. I think a 2006 with twin motors vs a 1999 with a single would be an easy decision for most people. Or there is also this boat for $38k, though it doesn't come with a trailer, but one is for sale for extra.

Fishermanbb

Reaction score
Don’t get the 232 with a single. It rides totally different vs. twins. HP is not the issue. The beam on the 232 is much wider than the 228 which is why the 228 runs well with a single. The 232 runs much better with twins (150’s are fine, 200’s even better but not necessary). For your stated use the 232 would be a solid choice. It rides and handles like a 25 footer due to the beam and weight distribution.

Trophy20002

Reaction score
I think I'd honestly increase your budget a bit and go with something like this instead where it's already got twin outboards, is 7 years newer, has a trailer as well as radar, electronics and so forth. I also like the design much better on the 2006 and newer 232 Gulfstream's where they've got the fold down rear middle seat and the large built in fish box as opposed to the older versions that have the cutout for the middle seat built into it. During the wintertime, I'd bet you could probably get transport for under $5k and for probably $60k or less, I think it would be a better boat than what you mentioned, or at least just based off of what you described. Again, just my opinion. I'm a bit of a frugal guy and bought my boat because I couldn't imagine spending double the price or more just because a boat was local to me. I think a 2006 with twin motors vs a 1999 with a single would be an easy decision for most people. Or there is also this boat for $38k, though it doesn't come with a trailer, but one is for sale for extra.

I totally get where you're coming from. I wheel and deal a lot and there's a lot of factors I take into consideration. That 06 is a gorgeous boat. But........no enclosure no kicker and I have done the math at 50k us and with additional accessories that I have to install it'll be almost 100k by the time I'm said and done. The shipping would be about 6k, I've looked into it and the 232 is overwidth and that will add additional costs with the permits and potential delays. I don't mind going over budget, but it has to be the exact right boat. The 232 is definitely one of the front runners right now. Funny enough, the seller of the one here finally got back to me. Apparently it's too much work to remove the cover so I can see it and wanted to wait until spring..........wait all you want then. I'm also eyeballing Glacier Bay cats for the ride quality, but they're holding hard at what I would consider above market value right now. Patience and digging is the key to any good deal. I do appreciate any input that comes along here though.

Trophy20002

Reaction score
Don’t get the 232 with a single. It rides totally different vs. twins. HP is not the issue. The beam on the 232 is much wider than the 228 which is why the 228 runs well with a single. The 232 runs much better with twins (150’s are fine, 200’s even better but not necessary). For your stated use the 232 would be a solid choice. It rides and handles like a 25 footer due to the beam and weight distribution.
That's exactly what I was looking for. I've spent a pile of time on a friend's 25' WA Robalo and was very impressed with the stability and ride. I'm sure the 232 would best that boat as it's a Grady and built better. Thanks.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I totally get where you're coming from. I wheel and deal a lot and there's a lot of factors I take into consideration. That 06 is a gorgeous boat. But........no enclosure no kicker and I have done the math at 50k us and with additional accessories that I have to install it'll be almost 100k by the time I'm said and done. The shipping would be about 6k, I've looked into it and the 232 is overwidth and that will add additional costs with the permits and potential delays. I don't mind going over budget, but it has to be the exact right boat. The 232 is definitely one of the front runners right now. Funny enough, the seller of the one here finally got back to me. Apparently it's too much work to remove the cover so I can see it and wanted to wait until spring..........wait all you want then. I'm also eyeballing Glacier Bay cats for the ride quality, but they're holding hard at what I would consider above market value right now. Patience and digging is the key to any good deal. I do appreciate any input that comes along here though.
I think you're going to have to change up at least one, if not multiple things, as you're not going to find a 232 Gulfstream with twin outboards on it, a kicker and everything else mentioned for $50k. Or at least you're not going to be able to find something like that locally on even on the west coast, though as I mentioned before it's definitely possible on the east coast. If this is your dream boat or something that you're going to hang on to for the next 10, 15 or even 20 years like was my plan, then a cross country roadtrip is well worth it in my opinion. I obviously would've much rather had a boat local to me that I could just drive 10-20 miles down the road and purchase it for less than $30k. Coming back down to reality though, that's just simply not the case out here in the Seattle/PNW area, as I'm sure you know very well about that also with your being up in Canada. My only option to stay in the budget that I had at the time, which was a maximum of $35k, was to go back to the east coast to buy a boat. If you're trying to stay in the low $50k's range then you're going to have to do the same, or increase your budget, lower down your wishlist, find something that's more of a project, look at other boat manufacturers/models, find a boat with a single main vs twins, etc. I also don't see you having $100k total into that boat I linked above when all is said and done, especially if you were to do the trip yourself, but that's just my 2 cents on the matter. Good luck.

Last edited:

Trophy20002

Reaction score
All the input helped me make the decision. I found a 05 gulfstream with twin 150 yams 700 hrs for 40k in Florida. I think that's a fair price and ultimately if I run it for a couple years and I fall out of love with it it will always sell up here. My truck is more than capable to tow this cross country and the road trip will be fun as I've never ventured farther south than SD. So barring any massive issues I'll be headed down soon to look it over and make the deal. I'm not looking forward to bottom painting another boat that's never been done, but such is life.

Rfazilat

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Been fishing out of Charleston, sc for 30 years on several of my own boats and numerous others. Best ride, by far, I have xperienced was fishing my buddy’s 26 Glacier Bay over the years. Hands down, no comparison. We fished that boat in slop that kept others home. Handling characteristics are a little different, but well worth the ride. if you are not concerned about speed, pick up a 26’ with 150 4’s and enjoy more fishing! IMO

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Congrats! And yes, I think you're going to be much happier as well as even money ahead buying a boat back east, and you'll have a fun story to tell on top of that. Just make sure you have a shop look over the trailer with a fine tooth comb, repack the bearings, check the brakes, tires, etc... as you don't want to have any issues when you're driving back across the county. Take you time, drive slowly and carefully, plan ahead for where you're going to stop and sleep each night, make reservations ahead of time. I'm not sure which boat you're looking at in Florida, this one is also available on Yacht World for $45k and comes with a trailer. Either way, sounds like you're on the right track, good luck and post some pictures when you get a chance.

Trophy20002

Reaction score
Been fishing out of Charleston, sc for 30 years on several of my own boats and numerous others. Best ride, by far, I have xperienced was fishing my buddy’s 26 Glacier Bay over the years. Hands down, no comparison. We fished that boat in slop that kept others home. Handling characteristics are a little different, but well worth the ride. if you are not concerned about speed, pick up a 26’ with 150 4’s and enjoy more fishing! IMO
The 26xx GBs are always going to be on my radar. I've done the math and to buy one that's newer is out of my range with the current exchange and shipping rates. What I do know is that the 232 will literally life changing going from a 1996 20' Trophy to a real boat. That being said, for what that old Trophy is I'm not going to run it into the ground. It's been a great boat, it's very very efficient 3.5-4 mpg with a 175 yamaha, but it pounds and is not stable in the chop what so ever. I just have to pick and choose the days I go out. It'll sell quick where I live, they're very popular still. It's almost shocking to see how many are still being used after all this time.

Trophy20002

Reaction score
Congrats! And yes, I think you're going to be much happier as well as even money ahead buying a boat back east, and you'll have a fun story to tell on top of that. Just make sure you have a shop look over the trailer with a fine tooth comb, repack the bearings, check the brakes, tires, etc... as you don't want to have any issues when you're driving back across the county. Take you time, drive slowly and carefully, plan ahead for where you're going to stop and sleep each night, make reservations ahead of time. I'm not sure which boat you're looking at in Florida, this one is also available on Yacht World for $45k and comes with a trailer. Either way, sounds like you're on the right track, good luck and post some pictures when you get a chance.

That's exactly my plan. I'll be bringing my tools and floor jack for the ride and grabbing some spare bearings/seals and some grease for any problems. It wouldn't be my first time doing bearings on the side of a highway. The good thing with having to get an overwidth permit for each state limits me to distance traveled each day. They're usually a 7-7ish time slot so dimensional loads aren't being towed in the dark. When I fly down to make the deal in a week or so I'll go over everything and have it taken in if the trialer needs anything. Plus I'm pricing out an eisenglass enclosure there. My guy said 4-4500 CDN, I haven't a clue what an upholstery shop there would charge.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
That's exactly my plan. I'll be bringing my tools and floor jack for the ride and grabbing some spare bearings/seals and some grease for any problems. It wouldn't be my first time doing bearings on the side of a highway. The good thing with having to get an overwidth permit for each state limits me to distance traveled each day. They're usually a 7-7ish time slot so dimensional loads aren't being towed in the dark. When I fly down to make the deal in a week or so I'll go over everything and have it taken in if the trialer needs anything. Plus I'm pricing out an eisenglass enclosure there. My guy said 4-4500 CDN, I haven't a clue what an upholstery shop there would charge.
I'd err on the side of caution and take the trailer to a shop regardless if you see anything or not, as two sets of eyes are always better than one. Working in a shop is much easier than doing something on the side of the highway in dark or potentially less than favorable conditions. Not sure if you have a surveyor looking over the boat or not, but I always recommend that as well for any buyers. Daylight savings time is going into effect this coming Sunday, I don't think you'll be getting anywhere near 7 pm with it being light out after that. Probably closer to 5 or 5:30 pm at the latest. Either way, good luck and keep us up to date with your progress, and safe travels!

Reactions: Trophy20002