Looking for new set of canvas enclosure for 228

gradywhite248

Reaction score
I actually called Grady and they sub out to a lady who has most of the templets if not lost in some of the flooding over the years in Greenville NC. Ill see if I can find the info. The full enclosures for my 248 Voyager was 3K.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
A&J Canvas in Vanceboro NC will be who you need to contact. You'll talk with Lee. She does the OEM work for Grady-White. Many of us here, including myself, have gotten new enclosures from her.

Reactions: SmokyMtnGrady

Surely Bassey

Reaction score
And just to be clear. I am not referring to a winter cover. I am looking for the 7-8 pieces that enclose the cockpit on a 228 with hardtop.
I would think the best way to do this is to have it send without snaps and attach the snaps on the boat.
Is there anything else I should be aware of?

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
SB,,, correct. A&J is who you need to talk to. The enclosure with Strataglass. Mine is 9 pieces. Full enclosure.

20210425_135553.jpg

Pighunter

Reaction score
I had mine made by a local upholstery shop last with stratus glass for $2000 turned out beautiful nice and tight. I had my old canvass for a template.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
I second Lee at A and J.. pay extra and get strata-glass. you won't regret it.

Surely Bassey

Reaction score
I had eisenglass on my last 2 sets but I find that it stains/fogs over time and I am not sure of the cause. Is strata-glass any different?

Reactions: glacierbaze

Fishtales

Reaction score
Another vote for A&J Canvas. They make the OEM enclosures, may have the patterns and if you ship the old ones, they will exact copy. I found their price very competitive.
Strata Glass is $100 more and is advertised to be better. I went with it and so far it is excellent.

Reactions: ItalianAngler

ItalianAngler

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Another vote for A&J Canvas. They make the OEM enclosures, may have the patterns and if you ship the old ones, they will exact copy. I found their price very competitive.
Strata Glass is $100 more and is advertised to be better. I went with it and so far it is excellent.
Add me in as well, did A&J earlier this year, came out great. I had a few phone conversations to make sure we had it dialed in then it was off to the races. I did the strataglass with the ivory stamoid.

Surely Bassey

Reaction score
Is it best to have A&J them ship them back with the snaps ON or OFF. Seems my canvas is always very tight early in the season..

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
OFF! Those snaps on the windshield are in a slide track, and no 2 boats are exactly the same. You could move your snaps to fit your new canvas, IF that is the only thing they are used for. Some people have helm covers, or cockpit covers, that use the same snaps.

Fishtales

Reaction score
They ship with the snaps off. They will loan you the tools for the round snaps, lift the dots or whatever you have. Much better to do that on the boat. Very easy to do.

Surely Bassey

Reaction score
I know the windshield snaps can be moved along the rail but I was concerned about the snaps toward the back which are drilled in the fiberglass. I would want to attach the mating snap o the boat.