Looking for older Adventure 208 comparison

MooseheadDoc

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I'm working on new projects on my '93 Adventure 208. Next up: the compartment under the helm seat.

Can anyone with an older 208 tell me what's in that space on your boat?

In my boat the space under the port seat is in great shape. There is a nice latched door, and an insert with 2 sliding drawers for storage of small items.
Under the helm seat is just an empty space. There has been obvious water intrusion (maybe from the seat mounts above). The walls and floor of the compartment are water-damaged marine plywood.

I'll probably end-up just trying to turn this into a clean, dry compartment, but before I start I'd like to know how it was originally set-up. Did both seats have the same drawer/insert as the port side?

Thanks for any help................

Joe
Beaver Cove, ME

MooseheadDoc

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Interesting. Thanks guys. Just bare marine plywood, or was it glassed over?
At this point I'm probably just going to get it as dry as possible, then cover it with as much penetrating epoxy as I can, re-bed the helm seat hardware (which is presumably the source of the moisture in the first place) and call it good.

mac83

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I’ve got a 98 and mine is a dry storage area with a single door. It is carpeted. I’ll shoot you a picture later this afternoon once I get home from work. I keep spare ropes and tube pump in there.

enfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
My '95 is carpeted with the same carpet that lines the cuddy cabin.

seasick

Reaction score
My 201 has a carpeted storage locker with a smoked plastic door on the starboard side and a two drawer slide out arrangement with the same smoked plastic door on the port side. Hull is a 2001

MooseheadDoc

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Cool. That all adds up. I’m guessing my space was carpeted, got wet, someone pulled out the soggy carpet but didn’t deal with the wet wood underneath. I'm just a little surprised the interior of that compartment isn't glassed (or glassed better). Water in there has a direct path to the deck core. Once we get some warm, dry weather (August?) I'll take off the door and stereo speaker and run a blower through the space for a while until its good and dry. Then I some penetrating epoxy and we'll see.....