Looking for some Propellor Help

G8RDave

Reaction score
I just looked at the pictures again. Are you trimming them up at all once you are on plane? They look like they are in full "down" mode.

sraab928

Reaction score
They are trimmed up - in full down mode they are way tucked in. I will take a picture today of how far they tuck in - it almost looks silly. The boat plows when on plane with them tucked in.

I figured they were too low.... but if I am gonna pay to have the raised... the question will be how high? Will one hole be enough? Two holes too much?

sraab928

Reaction score
Before I forget - the boat is running with the front 90 gallon tank about 1/4 - rear 150 Full. As the front tank is going down in fuel - the bow is definitely lifting more - makes sense, but thought it might be relevant to the discussion.

sraab928

Reaction score
Ok - Installed new fuel pumps - but haven't gotten to run it yet - Night in Venice in OC today - bunch of boats around - may have to wait till tomorrow for high speed trial runs...

Here are the pics I promised of the motors tucked all the way in.

0719080922a.jpg

0719080922b.jpg

0719080922c.jpg

0719080922.jpg

sraab928

Reaction score
Got a chance to give her a good run this morning....

WOT trimmed out - 43.8 MPH Max per the GPS. About 5300 RPM on each engine now - Im guessing one was lacking in fuel delivery. The surging is gone as well.

Its like a whole different boat with this setup. Im guess raising the engines would gain some more top end but the props seem to be right on now.

Here is a video of one run....

plymouthgrady

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
trim

Your pins are set too low on the engine mount. When trimmed all the way down, from the look of the 1st side pic., your engines go down too far.

Harleyfxdl

Reaction score
I think the engines are too low. They are mounted on a bracket and the water from under the hull rises sharply by that point. When it is bolted directly to the transom, the hull displaces the water so the engine needs to be lower so the prop stays in contact with the water. With the bracket, the water is coming up from underneath the boat, so the engine does not need to be so low.