Looking for speakers

Bdsp1234

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I only have two speakers in the boat( port and starboard in front of seats. I did like to add speaker to the rear of the boat or to the hard top.

What kind of preferences do you have ?

Uncle Joe

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Tons and tons of inexpensive Marine AM/FM stuff out there. I am very happy with my Boss rig from Cabela's....look around.

PNW_Drifter

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I only have two speakers in the boat( port and starboard in front of seats. I did like to add speaker to the rear of the boat or to the hard top.

What kind of preferences do you have ?

Boat speakers sound best when they are aimed at the occupants, which is hard to do in an open boat. For the use you have above I use Marine box speakers hung from my hardtop. They aim backwards and sound great in the cockpit. The major benefit is you don't have to make 2 giant 5" holes in your boat for speakers. Just a few bolt holes in the hard top. (mine is cored with foam)

Fusion box speakers - Amazon's choice

More choices: https://amzn.to/2PLkDU4

I run 4 speakers with 4 channel amp. I started with small 4" box speakers then upgraded to huge box speakers with 6.5" main speakers. Both can use the same bolt holes.

Last edited:
Reactions: SmokyMtnGrady

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer

Fishtales

Reaction score
I like the Fusion sound and quality. 4" and 6" fit perfect in existing holes.

Reactions: igblack87

FLWhaler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Been considering the same. Looking at putting one on each side under the gunnel up in the area toward the front pointing back. Looks like the fussion rectangle speakers will fit perfectly and a Janssen Bluetooth amp under the wheel or in the cabin. The new cape horns come with this setup and they sound pretty good. Just a push button to connect my phone is the only thing that is exposed.

PNW_Drifter

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Been considering the same. Looking at putting one on each side under the gunnel up in the area toward the front pointing back. Looks like the fussion rectangle speakers will fit perfectly and a Janssen Bluetooth amp under the wheel or in the cabin. The new cape horns come with this setup and they sound pretty good. Just a push button to connect my phone is the only thing that is exposed.

yup that seems to be the new style for sure. No deck just a bluetooth connection then the amp provides the power. Decks never had as much power as they claim anyway.
Have you see the latest waterproof bluetooth controllers? They are the size of a Grady Rocker switch and will fit in there. When my Fusion deck dies and it will eventually. I'll get this MTX button and connect to my amp. Will save some space in the electronics box. I suppose a bluetooth amp would save even more space. But on a boat seems like components die so I never want to put too much money in one spot.

Bluetooth rocker switches:

1617235670735.png

Helm 6.5" speakers are Polk. Small ones run of deck bigger off amp
1617235780231.png

Cockpit speaker boxes. Before (came with boat) Larger set SKAR AUDIO works better with my amp. Bigger speakers sound so much fuller even at low volume.
1617235827237.png

Last edited:

Greysailor

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Nice set up. So the amp is powering the Polk 6.5 and the Skar speaker, what size amp?
I like the speaker boxes the Polks are in, where did you find those?

Fishtales

Reaction score
Some pics of my Fusion installation. 4" and 6" fit existing holes and wires perfectly. A 10 min swap out.

Attachments

• Fusion1.jpeg
    Fusion1.jpeg
    85.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Fusion2.jpeg
    Fusion2.jpeg
    74.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Fusion3.jpeg
    Fusion3.jpeg
    59.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Fusion4.jpeg
    Fusion4.jpeg