looking for the post/ beam for table/ bed

Fishtales

Reaction score
I'm surprised GW didn't look up the part for you and provide the manufacturer. Maybe contact again, go over you wows and ask them if they can? That would really help narrow the search as well as define you ask precisely in forums.

Vince

Reaction score
I did call grady, they said the part is no longer available

ScottyCee

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Yes, it does seem to be a challenge To find the older stuff. I pretty much failed on rub rail end caps myself.

it is clear Grady White has an excellent customer support reputation, but I will share the fact that the OEM they provided as a supposed source for these rub rail caps had nothing even close.

Vince

Reaction score
I found a video of a grady for sale and took this pic of the post we are looking for. If someone comes across it. This was on a 2001 sailfish, I have the 2001 islander. Thanks20200415_123252.jpg

ScottyCee

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Nice - that looks like what we need.

I decided to trim down my table, and in the process discovered that the OD of the pin in the bottom slides nicely into a nominal pipe diameter. I'll either buy some aluminum that size or use a scrap of stainless that I had around. I need to cut it to length and fab some sort of way to fasten to the mounting plate. Pics when I get it done.

oasis04

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I need the hardware for the table too.
Did anybody have any success sourcing it or an alternative?

HookUp

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
No local fabricator in your area?
Hard to tell from that pic, but that looks like a tube with a ratchet lock and some kind of mount on the vertical

Vince

Reaction score
Yes, there are groves the pole slides into. I called a machinist friend who is going to make something

Reactions: oasis04

Vince

Reaction score
do you have the part that connects to the table? Its black plastic. I dont have a picture of it right now its at the shop

Reactions: FloridaGirl

Vince

Reaction score
I am sure he would as he owns the machine shop. You could probably purchase it through his shop. The crucial part is that piece that goes into the table. I have mine and he is machining that to go into the post.

Now That I'm thinking of it. He could probably machine the end to go into your table because he has mine. There should be a set screw under your table.

Let me know what you have and I'll ask him. The dude is by far one one of the nicest people in the world.

ScottyCee

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
If I understand how it work correctly, that beveled cut into the aluminum tube will be tricky to make without the right machinery. I'd be interested in buying a tube too if that turns out to be an option.

On the table end of mine there is a steel pin measuring roughly 3" long and 1" OD with a flange on the part that sits against the table. The aluminum bottom mount that screws to the underside captures the pin and keeps it from rotating.

Vince

Reaction score
Can you send pictures

ScottyCee

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Yea, if the tube slides down into the groove on the mount then that is beyond my tooling and skill to make.

The splined post on mine is indexed by a square end flange that rides in the flat groove toward the top of the pic. The post fits tightly enough into the tube. I was going to try to mcguiver something to hold the tube to the mount to the hull....

Attachments

• post.jpg
    post.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
  • flange.jpg
    flange.jpg
    679.2 KB · Views: 15

Vince

Reaction score
The bottom of your table is different than mine. Couple questions for you, do you have that little piece they are using as a stopper in the pic above. It's under the dove tailed aluminum peice? Also I would need to know the dimensions width and depth of that spindle on the. Bottom of the table. He will have to put a set screw there so the table doesn't spin on you. My table bottom has a set screw on it. I dont see one on yours. I am having my post made to 24 inches. 20200416_093519.jpg20200416_093543.jpg
Mine measured 18 inches to the seat, so I figured another 6 inches for leg room.

Before I ask him , are you willing to place the order through his business, assuming the price is right?

Vince

Reaction score
I just noticed, you can see the bottom of my table in the pic above

ScottyCee

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
No knob on mine. No stop below but that’s easy to make. I would order if not too high.

Vince

Reaction score
I talked to Bob from Merchant Marine. He said he would make one for you, they will only be in the shop on Wednesday. I didnt ask him the cost. Here's his info.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200421-135918_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20200421-135918_Google.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 7

Vince

Reaction score
He has my parts, I would assume you only need to give him your height and the diameter of your pin on your table. Im having him make my post at 24", I'm not sure if our boats have different seat heights. Good luck